• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What happens when a UPO runs into a gen SMP and Sub?

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
Had a project meeting this morning and we were sitting at the table and I realized that one of the guys had a Submariner on and the other had an SMP... I was wearing my ziggy-lumed UPO.... the SMP noticed what we were wearing and proceeded to take his off and pass it to me.... so we began the watch merry-go-round.... i took off my UPO and passed it, wondering how this would turn out....

In the end, I was offered to trade my UPO for his SMP.... hehe, he didn't know... I declined as I told him I thought the PO was more expensive than the SMP and I was very attached to it...

Just goes to show 90% of gen owners have no clue...

crick

1/8/06
UPO = 3400 last i check

SMP = 3100??????

edit: OOPS! i mean UPO=45mm PO :D isnt UPO a repname for the 45?

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
I can buy JB's for 1100 though! That's what i was thinking at least.... he seemed to agree with my rationale...

cdubs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/07
Bets on his watch was a rep to and he was trying to scam you haha. Good man for not taking advantage of him if this wasnt the case

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I love this..nice story LOS, It inspires confidence.

If Gen owner A pulls off his watch in a flash, then Rep owner B has no alternative but to reciprocate. It has the potential for a clumsy situation fraught with disaster, but you passed with flying colors. :D We really do have some great looking reps :D

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
On the SMP, you could tell from how crisp the dial was, the perfection of the lume on it, along with the quality of the bracelet...

On the Sub, my first clue is that the guy is a multi-millionaire... and it was either real or he has done all the mods... it was a perfect sub with perfect crown guards... everything was perfect and i could not make out any etched crown at 6.... it was so good in fact that i was glad i had not worn my modded SSD that day because as good as it was, it would have paled in comparison...

NuTymer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/08
If the SMP was indeed a rep and yet had the correctly positioned He valve (aka "closed factory" SMP), that would've been very much worth the trade with UPO, even with Ziggy's lume job. Well at least I would've taken the trade.