• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What generation PO is this?

sgm6s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/06
I paid for a 4th gen 42.5mm but I don't think it is based on the dial, logo too high, OMEGA font is off. :roll: What do you guys think? 3rd gen Asian dial? Besides the dial, how else can I tell if it's a 4th gen? Thanks!

melvin.x

15/5/06
Looks strange to me. The pearl looks completely different compared to mine. Seems to be an asian dial.

Let me guess who sold this one to you...

Do you have additional pics of the back and clasp ?

Greetings
DJ

melvin.x

15/5/06
Paulmart.

I don´t think it was Paul in this case.

It seems to be one of the "improved" PO´s that Andrew sold a while ago...

Greetings
DJ

sgm6s

12/4/06
Not going to name the dealer yet, but I will say this is my second one, the first one had a dial with this horrible line running through it, though more "accurate" 4th gen, and was sent back at a cost of $20, here's a pic of that last one:

Here's the caseback of the new one, looks like the last 4th gen that I sent back:

Here's the clasp still in plastic since this is probably going back too:

My first rep, what a bad experience... Why can't I just get a nice 4th gen like everyone else did?? :x Not to mention my second rep from another dealer went back too 3 weeks ago and I haven't gotten that one back yet... :cry:

melvin.x

15/5/06
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I think everything will turn out right.

If you are dealing with Andrew ( one of the two PO 4th gen dealers ) in this case I´m sure you will find a solution for this problem. I know, because he also sent me a black one like yours. 4th gen but asian dial, the former "improved" one. I chose to keep it and sell it to a friend who did not take care of the flaws as much as I do. Then I paid a "special price" for an "original" 4th gen. So no problems with sending the watch around the world again...

I am also still waiting for it because there are some problems with shipping in Asia right now. But I am convinced that Andrew will come through again someday.

Greetings
DJ

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
I believe this is the one Andrew specially modified 4th Gen PO with Asian version dial.

Rbj said the 3rd gen dial was more accurate (well, I don't think so), and that's why Andrew mod a few 4th gen with the Asian dial.

ttgmt

Horology Curious
2/4/06
I have this watch, and actually prefer it to the "original" 4th gen. The logo placement on that dial is really not acceptable. I do miss the date block "step" - that one is a dead giveaway.

Just why do y'all think this dial is a problem?