• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What factory is your guess? Seamaster

Alex801

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/24
Uk
As the title.
This isn’t an issue to me at all. And there’s to be no hard feelings either way. I love the watch and very happy with it. I was sold the watch as being VSF. It has been pointed out to me that it’s more likely ORF with there being a small difference in balance wheel? I don’t no the names of the parts but il upload the picture and you knowledgeable folk may be able to tell me if I’m right.
As I said if it’s not VSF I don’t mind I think it’s fantastic

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
The exact A8800 movement you are showing is in the pic I shared of the VSF and they are the same. Look closely pictures don't lie and tell the person giving you that information to piss off... (y)

Reactions: CF_Stan

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
I have no clue about movements, but it really looks like the VSF is missing the screw that is present on the ORF version? But even with the screw, OP’s still looks more like a VSF than an ORF, in my opinion.

VSF:

ORF:

Reactions: CF_Stan and Alex801

CF_Stan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Looks like VSF to me as well. My all black Seamaster has the screw at the top of the arm too. Probably early models from VSF didn’t and then they updated it.
Another thing I noticed was on the panel just above the balance wheel where it says AU6/3 on the VSF. This is missing from the ORF on both the image that Josse posted and images on TD sites.

Alex801

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/24
Uk
Looks like VSF to me as well. My all black Seamaster has the screw at the top of the arm too. Probably early models from VSF didn’t and then they updated it.
Another thing I noticed was on the panel just above the balance wheel where it says AU6/3 on the VSF. This is missing from the ORF on both the image that Josse posted and images on TD sites.
Thankyou. I can also confirm that the au and the omega etching across from it are not good on mine but the omega is on the orf

Reactions: CF_Stan

MrZaha

Known Member
27/5/22
Orf and vsf are easy to tell apart cause of the crown guards and the bracelet. Plus vsf fixed that screw flaw like last year. I remember on reptimeqc vsf watches started having that little screw on them so i start looking at some td's qcs and they had it too. Someone eventually made a post about it on reptime.

Reactions: Alex801 and Jossé