• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What do you think of this strange mod?

auslander

18/2/11
I really like the Diamond Bezel Planet Ocean Dial. I saw one at an AD over the weekend. It might have been serendipity because I've been thinking about modding my genuine Orange Bezel PO with that dial.

I think it would look great but the lume on the hands, pearl and dial are different. Honestly I never really notice my lume unless I'm in a movie theatre but I think over time it would bother me.

I could get the hands to match but then the pearl would still be different. I have a genuine QoS bezel that I can use with the same lume and the watch would look exactly like this chap: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/my-custom-po-424754.html but I REALLY want it with the orange bezel.

I do love the Orange bezel with Orange numbers as it is but want something a little different.

Just curious, if any of you like the way the watch looks in the link, what your thoughts would be about the Orange bezel and the mismatchy lume. What do you think about having the gen parts relumed? Am I just throwing away money here? I put the dial in my rep PO and it looks pretty sharp with the orange. Bah! I'm torn...

Cheers!

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
I'm about to get my PO 007 relumed like the Liquid Metal.... So white everything except the minute hand and the pearl.

attachment.php

auslander

18/2/11
Cool! Who are you going to use? I would rather just relume the dial white than change any original parts.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Gonna give my guy a chance.... he said $25 relumed... we'll see how good he is... only thing though he said he only works with White and Green Lume that he has... said it's the best out there and doesn't want to work with anything else.

I'll update you once I get the relume done.

Cool! Who are you going to use?

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
here's the watch for relume... it has standard rep lume and definitely needs a makeover... Don't have a good lume shot though.

IMAG0106.jpg

DSCF0126.JPG

auslander

18/2/11
Very cool! Keep me posted. I wish I could find the QoS (Walther grip) genuine dial! If the rep didnt have happy feet I'd buy one of those haha! Love that rep. Its going to look great!

auslander

18/2/11
Thats cool, only with they gave random 'limited edition' numbers to the reps :-/

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Not my taste to have a diamond bezel on a PO, thats just weird to me.:nah:

auslander

18/2/11
yes the bezel looks odd, the DIAL looks Amazing in person.
PO3.JPG

This almost doesnt do it justice. I should get my dial in the mail soon. I'll post pics when it arrives.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
That would look awesome on the ladies wrist I would think.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
DSCF0126.JPG

Ugh! I've never been into girls that didn't shave their legs. Since the invention of the razor (and BTW wax has been around a lot longer!) I don't know how the Europeans still allow it to happen. :facepalm:

auslander

18/2/11
I'm sorry, lol, what does that have to do with the PO? lmao, so random!