• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What do you think of the new gen SMP?

watchfiend

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/09
I've noticed that the Omega website now has the new version of the SMP on it. The biggest change is that they've taken the waves off the face. Also numbering on the bezel is different and date window has curved edges. What do you think about this new version?

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/300-m-diver-chronometer/21230412003001

I'm still in two minds about them removing the waves as I thought this was it was famous for. I haven't seen this new version in person, but can't wait for the rep to try it out.

Oldboy

19/2/11
Should be easier to rep-I have the gen and I've never seen the waves done right

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Eeeeew! Nasty.
they took all the character away when they lost the waves. Don't like at all.

watchfiend

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/09
I've always wanted a gen SMP, maybe this means the old version with waves will go down in price with the new version available!

One can wish...

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
I've had a gen SMP dial and hands for some time now, since 2008... maybe it's time I should do a franken before they decide to stop production on the previous rep. :p

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nop..! I like the older version too... I wouldnt buy even the rep!

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
I've always wanted a gen SMP, maybe this means the old version with waves will go down in price with the new version available!

One can wish...

Judging by the terrible looks of this new one I wouldn't be surprised if prices for the old waves version increased as everyone tries to snap them up before they disappear.

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
PO Style font on bezel... i no like

the rep factories are going to screw up the date wheel color and the HE valve. and maybe the date window size and frame. probably the omega logo, name too lol

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9mWOARd2qQ"]Regurgitator - I Like Your Old Stuff Better Then Your New Stuff - YouTube[/ame]

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
They haven't stopped making the wave dial. Just added a new variation to the line. And just on the autos. The quartz version only carries the wave dial.