• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What do you thing about this Omega PO 45?

mene_menelaou

Horology Curious
16/3/09
Hi!
This is my first post here, I found the forum while I was searching for replica watches.
What do you think about this Omega PO45 in the link
Link removed
Is it the latest version?
Is it an accurate example of the genuine?
ETA 2824???

Regards,

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
This is the watch more commonly referred as UPO. Price is a bit steep. I would suggest you contact Precious Time. He ships from UK also and is surely a trusted dealer here.

std3333

Horology Curious
11/3/09
it seems to be what is here called the upo,it is amazingly close to the original with minor flaws(the logo on the original dial has straight feet and the luminosity although present is not as good as in the original-i would say it is 1/10 of the original which seems to be on green fire when it is in the dark-)
don't get disappointed though...i have had one for about 3 months so obviously i got into it a lot and every time i spot somebody with a planet ocean on i still cannot tell whether it's the real thing or not.so i guess the same goes for everybody else when i am the one wearing it.for someone to know you have to hand over the watch for a close inspection or you have to get in the dark with him and he has to be watching your wrist waiting to see the luminosity...
about the eta 2824-2 that the watch wears it can be a 2824-2 eta swiss made as long as it refers to its parts,not the assemblance,that is most likely done in an very eastern country or... it could be a clone of that movement (i know people cannot be trusted,it is sad :( )with both the parts and the assemblance being very eastern,which is not bad at all from what i have heard from friends and read here
generally the 2824-2 is a movement quite tough and accurate when serviced (-10''+20'' per day)
hope i helped

mene_menelaou

Horology Curious
16/3/09
OK, since the link of the watch has been removed, here is a picture of the watch.
omegapoeta1.jpg

What do you think?
Can you distinguish from the picture if the movement is swiss ETA?

Regards

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Appears to be. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they will ship you one.

askibum

Horology Curious
11/3/09
Go with one of the trusted dealers or a reviewed site on here. You never know what these other fly by night vendors will ship...