• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What "Diamonds" are used in DJ reps?

Carthago88

Horology Curious
7/1/24
As we know, major factories brought out and bring out lots of DJs (and other models) with diamond dials/markers. Does somebody here and who is more into the Roelx world know how far the diamonds used in the reps (especially VSF and CF) are from gen dials/markers visually?
I read that CF uses Moissanite (but that's hard to believe tbh) or is it just a low grade CZ?
I generally like the dials but if they appear to cheap when wearing them I would definitely stay away. However, I have to admit that I've never seen a diamond dial or any Rolex with diamond markers in person.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I’m betting they’re just glass/rhinestones. At least the ones I had in the past had those.

Reactions: TerryRobot

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I haven’t had a watch with diamond hour markers in years but when I did have one, it looked fine. Anything more than that gets into the unbelievable/gaudy territory

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
As we know, major factories brought out and bring out lots of DJs (and other models) with diamond dials/markers. Does somebody here and who is more into the Roelx world know how far the diamonds used in the reps (especially VSF and CF) are from gen dials/markers visually?
I read that CF uses Moissanite (but that's hard to believe tbh) or is it just a low grade CZ?
I generally like the dials but if they appear to cheap when wearing them I would definitely stay away. However, I have to admit that I've never seen a diamond dial or any Rolex with diamond markers in person.
I think they make the watches look even faker.
The quality is so bad I'd rather not have them.

Carthago88

Horology Curious
7/1/24
I think they make the watches look even faker.
The quality is so bad I'd rather not have them.
You're definitely right. Often it is better to stick to the basics and stay away from many two.tone models and diamond adjustments to stay as gen-like as possible.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Two tone is alright as long as it’s from a good factory. I have a BK Sub that still looks good after many years. I don’t think you can say the same about lower grade models

Carthago88

Horology Curious
7/1/24
Two tone is alright as long as it’s from a good factory. I have a BK Sub that still looks good after many years. I don’t think you can say the same about lower grade models
I can just speak for the DJ and even with good factories the colour could still be improved (stock). RG looks good with some pieces.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
CZ or worse for most factories

Clean uses mossinanite for SOME models but not all - the only truly confirmed one are the diamond baton markers for the Daytona

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
moissinanite isn’t that great in my experience. I have a moissinanite ring and I’m not impressed with it. It doesn’t come close to stacking up to a diamond.

TerryRobot

Known Member
13/9/15
mossinanite is still cheap in comparison to diamonds the only way to get waht you want is not worry about the current dial, too much but get a model that has the all good case and looks and invest in a second hnd gen dial for it. but seeing as most diamond dials are on solid gold models it really doesnt matter all that much as the weight of the watch and the crystal will give it away so best to stick with something less eye catching. Its not so bad for the ladies models, but any TT bracelets let all reps down as the plating and the midlink edges and sides often have lazy lines or missed bits which whilst hard to spot from a distance is a dead giveaway its not a precious metal mid link

thename20

Horology Curious
29/2/24
moissinanite isn’t that great in my experience. I have a moissinanite ring and I’m not impressed with it. It doesn’t come close to stacking up to a diamond.
Moissanite quality/cut varies quite a lot

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I hope whatever moissanites that may be used in reps are the really good quality