• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What can I support with?

Solution6

Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Gold Patron
Certified
14/8/19
London, UK
Watch movement service:

*Only able to support with ETA and Rolex watch variations.

A thing to keep in mind is that a replica watch takes the same amount of time and effort (sometimes more) as working on a genuine one, hence the price of any work done will never be directly proportional with the value of the watch.
  • ETA automatic 2xxx variations: £140 (dry vacuum test, ultrasonic on the bracelet included)
  • Rolex automatic 31xx variations: £160 (dry vacuum test, ultrasonic on the bracelet included)
  • Rolex automatic 32xx variations: £180 (dry vacuum test, ultrasonic on the bracelet included)
  • Support with other movement variations: this will be judged on a case by case basis; no service on DG movements, only movement swaps
(While I don’t work on chronos, I can still support with part upgrades, i.e. Daytona dial, Xtal, hands)

As I believe this is an insightful journey into knowing your watch I tend to send photo updates along the way, therefore a full service includes:
  • Open communication and photo updates on any issues found and potential next steps
  • Complete movement disassembly (photo provided)
  • De-magnetise parts if necessary
  • Microscope inspection of parts and jewels for wear or irregularities
  • 3 Stage cleaning machine
  • Mainspring replacement with Swiss made variant (depending on watch movement)
  • Rebuild and oiling with the highest quality Swiss oils
  • Rotor oiling
  • Movement regulation (photo results provided)
  • Pressure test (photo proof will be provided)
  • Final positional test on winding machine
Any full service comes with a 3 months warranty.

(Dial, hands, date-wheel upgrades will be included in the price of the service. Replacement parts are not included in the price of the service)

Upgrades and ad-hock repairs:

The below is not an extensive list so please feel free to get in touch with any repair/upgrade queries (please note that I don’t source parts)
  • Movement swaps: £70 (general dust removal, gasket re-grease, regulation and vacuum test included in the price)
  • Movement part upgrades: TBD (strongly advised as part of a full service but can address ad-hock requests, i.e. reversing wheels upgrade)
  • Dry vacuum test: £20 recreates normal pressure when showering/surface swimming with the watch.
  • Crystal swaps/re-alignment: £40 (only Daytonas and JD, no ceramic turning bezel)
  • Hands swaps: £30 (this includes hands collet tightening or broaching)
  • Dial swaps/date wheel swaps/keyless reset: £60
  • Bracelet ultrasonic cleaning : £10 (usually included in the full service)
  • Bracelet, rehaut, polishing/re-brushing: TBD as I only offer light touch ups (price depending on the amount of work)
Vintage builds:

While I mainly focus on movement services, I am happy to support based on my experience with a number of custom vintage builds: i.e 5513, 1675, 1680, 9411, DJ. : Price to be discussed (this includes case softening, bezel insert shaving, movement/dial/hands adjustments. I don’t source parts but can advise to a certain extent). Please note that this is a longer journey due to more complications arising when working with custom parts.

What I don’t offer:
  • Plating of any kind
  • Case engraving
  • Dial shaving
  • Heavy work and fabrication

Last edited: