• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What 42mm PO is this?

Triodus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/08
25 Jewel? Swiss ETA? For $160 I doubt it. I would get clarification from the dealer before ordering.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
On which forum is this dealer a trusty dealer? He lists it as 41mm and exact markings, but the logo on the dial is the incorrect one. And I have to agree with Triodus, 25 jewel Swiss for $160- I doubt it. I would stick with the trusted dealers on the forums. Good luck.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
It's House of Souveniers. Is it joke day around here?

And there's no 41mm PO.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
It is Joke day I guess. Knock Knock..

Where is 6Bennets when you need him. :D

HOS = (Hosed and Sheit on)

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Regardless of the dealer, this is a pretty decent looking piece. Notably, it has correct He placement, decent pearl (still too low), steel movement holder, anti-magnetic cover, and decent looking crown. Over all this is a much better constructed watch then the 4th gen PO. The movement is an Asian DG4813 and runs at 28k, the same movement that powered the UPO Lite. If this was available from a trusted dealer I'd pick it up in a heartbeat!

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
After studying this one a bit further, I can almost guarantee this is a 45mm PO. In fact, it looks to be identical to the old UPO Lite, only with double AR.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Hey Andrew do you think this actually has double AR? I haven't seen the PO with double sided AR coating. I can't tell from the pictures.

Sean K

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Hey Andrew, nice to see you back! Just sorry to see that you brought Travolta with you. You'd think that Breitling would begin to realize that maybe-- JUST MAYBE-- a balding Scientology espousing loon of an actor who is rapidly losing his tenuous grasp on reality isn't the best spokesman for their brand. Omega has Bond. Tag has Tiger Woods. And Breitling has.... Danny Zuco?

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
seank1 said:
Hey Andrew do you think this actually has double AR? I haven't seen the PO with double sided AR coating. I can't tell from the pictures.

Sean K

I honestly am not sure what to make of this. In my eyes it's the old school UPO Lite, which had single sided AR only. However, that watch was a commissioned project of Josh/Andrew, and was only available through them. So either this dealer has done a similar project, or is using stolen pics. It would be interesting to see what they would send you though!

BTW, J&A sold this watch for $128 about a year ago.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
seanf said:
Hey Andrew, nice to see you back! Just sorry to see that you brought Travolta with you. You'd think that Breitling would begin to realize that maybe-- JUST MAYBE-- a balding Scientology espousing loon of an actor who is rapidly losing his tenuous grasp on reality isn't the best spokesman for their brand. Omega has Bond. Tag has Tiger Woods. And Breitling has.... Danny Zuco?

LOL, the "Hairspray" Travolta isn't quite the icon that Breitling should have, but he is an uber-pilot, and certainly looks cool in that pic :D

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Dude, the man named his kid JET. Think about that. To me, that is a guy who is just entirely too much into planes. It would be kind of like if Rolex hired a captain of a nuclear submarine who named his kids "Trident," "Polaris," and "Red October" to be their spokesman for the Submariner.

Rolex Sub 19

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/08
andreww said:
Regardless of the dealer, this is a pretty decent looking piece. Notably, it has correct He placement, decent pearl (still too low), steel movement holder, anti-magnetic cover, and decent looking crown. Over all this is a much better constructed watch then the 4th gen PO. The movement is an Asian DG4813 and runs at 28k, the same movement that powered the UPO Lite. If this was available from a trusted dealer I'd pick it up in a heartbeat!

Andreww,

Great to see your thoughts. I'm no PO experts so I'm catching up. This watch looks like having a shorter ( a bit maybe) minute hand than the UPO. There are several folks (frequent posters and collectors) in http://www.rwg.cc have bought various Rolex models from this dealer and based on their recommendations, this is a good dealer. I don't ususally spend more than $100 on a dealer for the first time. So I'll wait for a little while.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Rolex Sub 19 said:
Andreww,

Great to see your thoughts. I'm no PO experts so I'm catching up. This watch looks like having a shorter ( a bit maybe) minute hand than the UPO.

Good catch, the minute and hour hand do seem lightly shorter. Overall this is an excellent value though, far better than any of the other Asian versions currently available.