• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What’s biggest tell on this watch?

yashax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/19
What is the biggest tell on this watch? Trying to figure out what to mod first and what mod options are available for this watch.

https://picr.me/image/VwWr9f

thank you in advance for your time.

J

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This is a decent looking rep which is actually visually more accurate to gen than its various counterparts.
I note that the cyclop and dw have been modded already so one issue resolved there

Visual tells for me:
1. Hand base a little too wide
2. Position of DW too close to the tachyring edge
3. (related to 2) the 3 o'clock marker a little too short
4. Watch case is too thick
5. AP logo position is too far right. "Audemars Piguet" logo is a tad too far right/too long too
6. Of course the entire movement is a tell once watch is flipped over

Remember, as always, that the above are more for forum discussion than real-life concerns. Manage your expectations when it comes to reps and you will be a happy camper.

yashax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/19
Is it possible to get a gen dial for this watch and hands and if so, where might I be able to find it and what it might cost?

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Is it possible to get a gen dial for this watch and hands and if so, where might I be able to find it and what it might cost?

A gen dial isn’t compatible with the rep movement inside this watch. Just leave it as it is, looking good!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
A gen dial isn’t compatible with the rep movement inside this watch. Just leave it as it is, looking good!

I agree. A gen dial isn’t optimal for this movement. It CAN be fitted but you get a right justified date. And the improvement is visually minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
UNLESS you throw in a gen cal or LWO while you're at it. LWO will add another flaw whilst gen cal will add a big hole in your bank account. :hehehe:

Last edited: