• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Western Union question

Chris3

20/3/06
I am trying to send a payment to China. I didnt see any place to enter the street address I was given. Does anyone know if just China and Shanghi are enough? I dont want to have the seller go out of his way for his payment

Thanks

krustybrand

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
You shouldn't need a street address for an international payout - just the expected city of payout. Make sure you are filling out the international form. I have done many WU transactions and never needed a street address, even when doing it by phone with WU.

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Just contact the seller, he'll give you the country/city info you need......They gottta go pick it up. They also give you an MTCN (or something like that) that you provide to the seller. That way he just strolls into the WU office, gives'em the magic number, and your loot is GONE!

I'd make sure that you know how trustworthy the seller is, 'cause there's no protection if he decides to snarf you.

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
When I WU'd Luckyy in Thailand, didn't need a street address. I believe on the receipt it only stated Thailand and not even the city. But important that you get the Money Transfer Code number(MTCN).Also I belive that you need to send them the address of the WU office you sent it from as well as the MTCN.

Eddy

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
All you need is his address. Put that on the form as well as yours, get the MTCN and give that to the seller as well as your address (which you put on the form) to verify its you. It doesnt matter where he picks it up, any Western Union Office or other type that accept WU/ Money Orders.

Floris

lagae

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/06
As long as you trust your seller there wouldn't be any problems with making a WU payment.

But do realize that all the person needs to pick up the money is that MTCN number and a name. They can pick up the money anywhere in the world, not just from the city or country you specify. Be very careful about picking a trustworthy seller. I've often sent WU payments, but never to people I'm not sure about.