• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome to the Brig Magnús Sigurðsson, Bókmenntaverðlaun Tómasar Guðmundssonar árið 2008

SP2Hybridized

Known Member
27/4/16
Damnit... I really feel ashamed to say that I have been scammed by this guy, too. He sold a watch (250USD) to me on monday in response a to a recent WTB thread of mine. I had so many smooth deals in this community and now I fell to my own false trust. What a noobish mistake.

PM'd TB for further procedure.

Yea it's made me really skeptical about m2m purchases...and I'm already pretty skeptical as it is!

Sent from iPhone v6s

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
Yea it's made me really skeptical about m2m purchases...and I'm already pretty skeptical as it is!

Frankly, this incident does not really effect my trust in this forums M2M section. If I had insisted in him posting the sale in response to my WTB officially on the M2M section, instead into letting me getting smooth-talked into a "quick and easy" deal, this would probably didn't happen to me. While I am aware that backdoor-sales are not allowed in this community, WTB sales offers have been a more or less grey area (please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't mean any offense to the rules).

I think the lesson for all of us and especially for me is: If you receive a watch offer for your WTB, always let the seller post it as reserved sale on the sales section - in short: Never buy non-approved watches.

SP2Hybridized

Known Member
27/4/16
Frankly, this incident does not really effect my trust in this forums M2M section. If I had insisted in him posting the sale in response to my WTB officially on the M2M section, instead into letting me getting smooth-talked into a "quick and easy" deal, this would probably didn't happen to me. While I am aware that backdoor-sales are not allowed in this community, WTB sales offers have been a more or less grey area (please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't mean any offense to the rules).

I think the lesson for all of us and especially for me is: If you receive a watch offer for your WTB, always let the seller post it as reserved sale on the sales section - in short: Never buy non-approved watches.

Agreed! That's exactly what happened to me as well and raddave was involved in the whole thing because the guy was sketchy and unresponsive but damn...looks like he got us all! I'm just insisting on buying from verified members who have a good history of sales from now on.

Sent from iPhone v6s

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

Sent from iPhone v6s
M2M is very safe and you have the backing of RWI if you do it properly by opening up a sales thread on all watch sales. Also, do NOT pay via PP gift. Pay the extra 4% and pay by regular PP. If the seller refuses regular PP after you offer to pay the fees, don't buy the watch.

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Damn,I bought a watch from him on a want to buy in RWG last year. Amazingly, mine arrived. It was fucked, and he overpriced the customs form so I had to pay tax, but at least I got something. Sorry to hear others were less lucky.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Last edited by a moderator:

SP2Hybridized

Known Member
27/4/16
Damn,I bought a watch from him on a want to buy in RWG last year. Amazingly, mine arrived. It was fucked, and he overpriced the customs form so I had to pay tax, but at least I got something. Sorry to hear others were less lucky.

That's good to know...maybe I'll get something in the mail!

Sent from iPhone v6s

sbjb93

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/15
Damnit... I really feel ashamed to say that I have been scammed by this guy, too. He sold a watch (250USD) to me on monday in response a to a recent WTB thread of mine. I had so many smooth deals in this community and now I fell to my own false trust. What a noobish mistake.

PM'd TB for further procedure.
Me too i was also scammed but my bank (NatWest) refunded my money they got it back from PayPal even though it was sent as a gift

Sent from my Harrier Tab from EE using Tapatalk

greg_r

Departed Friend
Patron
8/7/08
bbgud.png

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17
So can someone knock at his door and take a picture of him

Sent from my HTC 10

channex81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/16
Aww this is sad as there are so many on here that have had great m2m sales experiences me being one of them!! I hope this little fck nut gets a knock at his door the cnt! !!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

tracom

20/9/16
so there is no watch on the way to me... i thougt to pay paypal and add the extra 4%. damn! 5 years on watchforums an the first time fucked up.

vanwolff

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Germany
Well, if you have paid with regular Paypal just open a dispute and get your money back.

D

d4m.test

This guy is clearly an ass jockey. I hope you guys get your money back. I think that Magnus will need to make things right before shit hits the fan and the karma wave comes back around to fvck him in the ass....... with no lube!

channex81

30/3/16
This guy needs sorting out! 4 different aliases ripping loyal members off this is not what this community is about is it? It's a community built for the purpose of like minded enthusiasts who may own some gens and replicas too who just enjoy watches and enjoy trading also to own a timepiece they fancy buying either before they buy gen or just because they can enjoy the aesthetics of said watch we don't come on here to be scammed!!! He needs a good and proper A $$ Fu$#ing

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk