• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Weird issue with Brand new NOOB A2836

woverend

Looking Around
27/4/16
So this is weird, and maybe someone has some insight?
Received new NOOB Sub with an A2836 in late August. Wore it regularly and was working very well - losing maybe 1-5 seconds a day which seems good to me.
Went on a trip out of town for several weeks mid-September. Left the watch at home on a self-winder with several other watches while I was gone.

Came home, other watches on winders were still ticking, new Sub was not.

Didn't think much about it - Set it, wound it, and put it back on. Looked down 20 minutes later and it had stopped again.

I have experimented for past several days and here are the bizarre (to me) symptoms:

Wind watch and lay on desk... It keeps solid time for HOURS - no issues whatsoever.

Put it on wrist, and it makes it about 20 minutes before it stops completely.

Giving it a good shake will start second hand sweeping again, but only for a few minutes, then stops again.

I have repeated this cycle several times over past few days.

Anyone know what the hell is going on?

I have done SOME searching of forums for answers, but haven't found anything yet. Apologies if I wasn't looking in right place

ugalord

Metalcore Addict
Patron
Certified
29/6/20
Europe
Strange.. so if its working properly while laying on the desk and has issues while wearing it could be a loose screw in the case blocking the balance. Or something else balance related 🤷‍♂️
That's my opinion.
But do you have a way to open it maybe? Maybe the issue can be seen once it's opened.

woverend

Looking Around
27/4/16
Strange.. so if its working properly while laying on the desk and has issues while wearing it could be a loose screw in the case blocking the balance. Or something else balance related 🤷‍♂️
That's my opinion.
But do you have a way to open it maybe? Maybe the issue can be seen once it's opened.
I dont have a tool for Rlex case backs, unfortunately. BUt that's at least an idea to pursue