• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WBK's "moon watch" mod possibility..???

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
This watch (item 13) has what appears to be the "right" crystal, and caseback....But it has the faux chrono movement...Has anybody tried transplanting a St-19 movement/ dial combo into this case, to build a what might become a decent "moon watch" rep that's no longer available..??

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
frankt8242 said:
This watch (item 13) has what appears to be the "right" crystal, and caseback....But it has the faux chrono movement...Has anybody tried transplanting a St-19 movement/ dial combo into this case, to build a what might become a decent "moon watch" rep that's no longer available..??
Wrong crystal, wrong caseback, movement probably won't fit, pushers probably won't line up ... etc.

Look at the curved shape of the good rep's crystal, for instance:

Moonwatch%20Moocroc%201.jpg

WBK's Speedy is perfectly ok as a cheap rep, but it's not good as a basis for mods.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
yea, i thought about it and wbk's rep, even though its sweet looking for the $$$, can't be mod'd to even resemble the moony, that and the dial is a different size