• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WBK SMP Broke! HELP! [RESOLVED]

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Hey guys, I was setting up to wear my WBK "Bond" SMP when the crown pulled out of the watch when I went to set it to the "Time Change" setting. The whole stem didn't come out, just the crown (I'm pretty sure).

This has a 21J movement, so I know its cheap to replace...but is there any chance I can fix it without having to get a new movement?

This happened right as I was heading out the door, so I didn't have time to really give it a good look.

On the bright side, I'm wearing my Corum.

HELP!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The crown replacement should be a easy fix, if you cant do it maybe stop by a watch shop, of course you may need a new one though, but a generic crown may fix the problem on the cheap side.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Please take a detailed picture of the case and the crown inside when you get a chance. :)

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
OK, so I tried supergluing the stem and crown back together, and that didn't work. When I inserted it into the movement, it really made the movement wacky. It wouldn't set into any of the positions and if I turn it, it moves both the minute and second hand...YIKES.

Would a new stem and crown fix this, or is the movement now all jacked up?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Talk to Katt. He get your keyless works back from being "wacky". Yes a new crown will be needed me thinks. ;)

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
I emailed Katt, and he said he could do the work but I would need to source my own movement.

Anyone know where I can get a 21J movement for this watch?

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
I forgot to post this up earlier, but I told Stan (WBK) about my problem and he asked that I send it to him. He had it fixed right up, and sent it back to me. Runs great now!

Stan is THE MAN!

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Did the same for me on a Grand Carrera Cal 6. Fixed it, sent it back. Still one of my top 5 fave reps. Thanks again Stan; cheers Unknown!