• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WBK Seamaster 300M Questions

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
I found myself really liking this watch, and this particular model that Stan sells looks and feels amazing. I'm fairly new to Omegas, so the only 'tells' which stand out to me are the pearl size and the dial texture.

My questions for you Omega gurus is: What are some of the other 'tells' of this watch against the gen? I was looking at some of the higher end ($250ish) reps from Lay, but not sure if I want to spend the extra coin if my WBK model is close enough.

From Stan's ad:
SMP002.jpg

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
It close enough, save your funds, the flaws are minor and you will like it.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Negatives:
The crown is way too big. The hands are not the right length. The end links are not separate pieces like the gen or higher end reps. Like you mentioned, the pearl is WAY off.

Positives:
The dial is good, aside from the non-outlined date window. If you can get it in sapphire, the domed crystal is very nice (I've seen it offered with sapphire and mineral). Other than the end links, the bracelet is done well.

That being said, there is not a super accurate rep of the 3 hand SMP. The 7750 chrono is quite good. I've had both. For a budget rep it's a decent value, and since it is an Omega, the chances of being called out are pretty slim.

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Oh wow, I didn't even realize that mine was so different from the one in WBKs ad. Mine has the outlined date window. Here's a pic of my watch:

Saucewatch7.jpg

My dial has the waves, but they didn't show up on this cell phone pic.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Your watch looks great. I get the feeling that Stan has had slightly different models in the last few months. There have been varying differences in all the SMP's people have claimed to be his. Either way, great watches and a great guy to deal with.

If the factory could just get that second hand and cgs right...!!! Pearl I can live with, it can always be removed and modded like the one in my avatar :)

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that mine was so different from the one in WBKs ad. Mine has the outlined date window. Here's a pic of my watch:

Saucewatch7.jpg

My dial has the waves, but they didn't show up on this cell phone pic.

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Your watch looks great. I get the feeling that Stan has had slightly different models in the last few months. There have been varying differences in all the SMP's people have claimed to be his. Either way, great watches and a great guy to deal with.

If the factory could just get that second hand and cgs right...!!! Pearl I can live with, it can always be removed and modded like the one in my avatar :)

Thanks!

How did you mod your pearl? I have found a lot of different threads on modifying Rolex pearls, not much on these ones.

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Does Stan have a site? I'm not familiar but I've been trying to get this model for ages.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Stan is WackoBirdKeeper and he has a trusted dealer section.