• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Waterproof Watches? Where?

sierra99

Horology Curious
7/3/10
Hi all, I am looking for the following watches, thing is I can't seem to find anyone that sells a good waterproof version.

1.) Omega SMP, blue bezel and wavey blue dial.

2.) Omega PO, black face, orange bezel with black rubber strap

If you or anyone you know might be able to help me out please let me know.

Cheers

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
this topic about waterproofed watches has been discussed over 100 x on this forum, if you use the search function you find out, that these watches are not available!

Buy one and then go to a local watchsmith to get the job done.

Zed

Known Member
25/10/06
If you want truly waterproof buy one of these !

100_1843.jpg

100_2318.jpg

maugomez

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/11/09
Hey bro, whatever watch you´re looking at, all of our dealers has it, but again, this watches arn´t waterproof..

Its a really simple job..

seal HEV
grease gaskets

and you´re ready to go....

all of my watches have been greased and i swimm with them the hole time!

offshore

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
17/3/06
I may add that having any watch tested is really the only way to go.
You can apply grease till the cows come home...but if it ain't sealing, water will get in.
Just test for that surety you seek.
O/S

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yup, no rep is to be considered waterproof out of the box mate.
That would be tempting fate. Allmost all can be made so very easiliy however. Any mall watch repair booth can do it for most reps alltho with the SMP it is best to seal the HEV valve if you want to be certain.

Bottom line is take any rep you intend to get anywhere near water to the mall and have a water resistance test done before it gets even splashed. Use of the search button will bring up lots of info on these subjects, by the time you have read an hours worth you will know all you have to on the subject of water testing.

Regards, Col.

sierra99

Horology Curious
7/3/10
Thanks, for the info. I will try to find a local watch shop for testing and go from there, again thanks for the help.

Cheers

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Fakemaster made this for me
WatchPics019.jpg

and it has been swimming many times. He uses a low-beat movement and the watch is not as close to "gen" as many would like, but he does make sure they are sealed and ready to go.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thanks, for the info. I will try to find a local watch shop for testing and go from there, again thanks for the help.

Cheers
No worries mate. Just remember to take it to a small watch station type place in a mall, not to a jewelers that sells expensive watches. They would not be happy to see a rep. You can get the band ajusted at the same time if it needs it.

Col.