• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

waterproof rating

std3333

Horology Curious
11/3/09
since i am being told that pretty much all the upos are being made at the same factory,maybe factories, under the same standards(don't go hard on the word,i imagine there are some factorial standards kept) i have a question for anybody who knows,what would the waterproof ability of the watch be?i will take it for a test at a watch shop as soon as i can,i will do whatever they have,50,100 or more meters...
i am very curious because i bought the classic zeno of 500m(2824-2 eta,antimagnetic cover and 45mm case diameter-i just couldn't not go into the comparison) and the upo seems so much more beautiful and heavy duty than the zeno,i wouldn't even dream that it is but i just got really curious,i will post my results,whatever they are...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Being is it's a rep you have to assume there is none. You can get it sealed but the parts are often warped or out of alignment. So there is no way to know what the final result will be on that particular watch until you do it and have it tested.

D

d4m.test

Have your watch smith lubricate the gaskets and seal the watch before testing. I have seen some reps show up with the case back so loose that they could be taken off with bare fingers and very little effort.
Once the watch is sealed properly, Im sure it will test very well!
Good luck, let us know how it does and post some pics!
T

std3333

Horology Curious
11/3/09
i had it tested for 50m because that was the biggest test available in my small local watchsmith and it passed with flying colors,i will post some wet pictures as soon as i find the way(i honestly don't know how,any help is very welcome),about taking it further with the water tests i think i won't.
i just read an amazing post
viewtopic.php?f=115&t=40261&hilit=upo+review
from a rep watch jacques cousteau,i could not stop reading and at the same time i was losing my pioneer spirit..great post :!: