• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watchmaker USA ?

Jgcuthbert51

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/24
I’ve been looking for a list anywhere?

I’m in Nashville tn if anyone can recommend someone?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Can waterproof and service

In addition to the list here on RWI, doing a little footwork there in Nashville may yield surprising results. Go to a small mom-and-pop watch repair shop- not a big jewelry chain store. Ask if they are willing to work on "homage watches" or watches with "Chinese watch movements". I have found it critical that you make them understand that YOU realize that this is a cheaply made watch movement that may break during attempted repair and that you will NOT hold them responsible. I have found that many watchmakers do not object to working on replicas per se- it is more about the risk of having to take responsibility for a watch with shoddy movements with parts they may not be able to source.

Don't do it over the phone- go in the shop with a watch that needs some love and explain exactly what it is and if they would take a look- you will be surprised what possibilities open once you build a relationship with a local watchmaker.