• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch Seizure canada

vonG

6/9/10
+1..... Currently watching a single watch sitting in customs since Dec 17th with zero movement......

vonG

6/9/10
for sure that's seized if it shows still in customs.

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
I had stuff sitting at EU customs for 2+ weeks, in May mind you, not during/right before the holiday season.

Yesterday a watch arrived from a TD that spent exactly 9 minutes at EU customs according to tracking, 4 or 5 days before Christmas.

Sometimes those things just get stuck at customs for weeks for no apparent reason and then suddenly keep moving again and sometimes they fly through in light speed at the busiest times of the year. It's a mystery lol.

Reactions: Pinion Minion

Primalone

Getting To Know The Place
14/7/22
Italy
I think a letter will come up to you If the watch has been seized else I think you have to wait

Johnmas

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/12/22
USA
Bloxorz +2..... Currently watching a single watch sitting in customs since Dec 17th with zero movement......

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I haven’t had a rep seized by customs across ~20 orders. My guess is that if there no movement of your parcel right now it’s due to Xmas package volume backlog combined with Xmas staff shortages.

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
I haven’t had a rep seized by customs across ~20 orders. My guess is that if there no movement of your parcel right now it’s due to Xmas package volume backlog combined with Xmas staff shortages.
Sir you better knock on wood quick!! Do not tempt the watch gods.

• Haha
Reactions: P..DR..D

vonG

6/9/10
mine cleared today - strange, because the TD sent two packages 1 day apart. the first one went through Toronto and for some reason the one that got stuck in neverneverland ended up in Vancouver - which got creamed by weather, so it’s no wonder there was no movement for such a long time.

I expect it will take another week to get here….

John

Watchful
Certified
10/1/17
Just received a new VSF Datejust 41 a few days ago. I was a bit worried too, but I think the delays are just due to the holidays.

Here's a snippet of the Canada Post tracking info:

Delivered
Jan 03 2023 11:20 am

Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
Dec 27 2022 12:54 pm
VANCOUVER, BC, Canada

Shipment arrived in Canada and will be presented for customs review
Dec 17 2022 06:44 pm

Electronic information submitted by shipper
Dec 11 2022 05:33 am

vonG

6/9/10
Vancouver got killed with snow and rain and then more snow.
Backlogs are finally clearing, but it crushed them for a solid 2.5 weeks

Still have one in transit from Italy of all places 39 days and counting….