• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wasn't sure if I'd like a rubber UPO band....

predfan2001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/07
I wanted to try somehting different so I ordered a 22mm NATO for my UPO. I never thought I would like a NATO till I finished my 5517 Sub and now I love the feel. I hadn't seen it done before and thought I'd give a try. I like it so much I haven't reinstalled the original band yet. I may try a rubber strap some day.

S6300394.jpg

S6300408.jpg

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. I just don't like steel bands. Looks good to me.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Pred,

I like it, Orange would be a great color to make a bold statement. Yea, the rubber strap I picked up for my SMP is thick. So I took it off and put the Bond metal strap right back on. I might give Mr Nato a shot later on. Thanks for the Post!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well, rubber looks good on UPO but the rep rubber strap is pretty crappy IMHO. Green light if you go genuine (retails about 130USD).

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
takashi said:
Well, rubber looks good on UPO but the rep rubber strap is pretty crappy IMHO. Green light if you go genuine (retails about 130USD).
Yea Taka I bought the gen for my SMP and agree the rep is crap. But it's still a thick strap and doesn't do much for the SMP IMHO. Now the PO, looks and feels fanominal on the gen rubber strap, tried it on at AD.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Gotta agree with that. The rubber strap on SMP Bond just looks too thick (this watch is considerably thinner and smaller than a big 45.5mm PO). I have tried SMP America's Cup edition on rubber strap, just doesn't feel right.

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
I bought a genuine diver strap for my 4th gen PO and I love it.
There is a tiny gap between it and the case, but to small to notice, Imo.

It is really high quality, feels beter than the Breitling Pro diver strap and does not attract any dust.

scooterboy

7/8/06
hi, i bought a gen rubber strap for my 4th. gen PO, i love it too but i dont see the rep rubber strap in natural, i am looking for the gmt and this would get the black military strap!

cheers

Omega-Man

20/11/07
I like the rollie sub or sd on a nato strap. Usually the steel straps on those watches are such poor quality. Nothing screams "fake watch" like a crappy strap.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
davebs said:
I like it, just got a UPO today and I'm thinking of straps

Dave, I was going to order a rubber strap for that watch, it's destiny! I also think the rubber presidential was very comfortable and proportionate.
IMGP1893.jpg