• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[WARNING] Received watch with completely different movement than purhcased(Cellini 50535)

trixed

Horology Curious
19/1/23
Toronto, Canada
Just wanted to share my experience with Intime so far.

I purchased a handful of watches from Ryan over the years, however this would have to be my worst experience of all the orders i've previously dealt with.

I placed my order for a GMD Cellini with the A2824 movement as shown in this listing:

Payment and timeline is as follows:
G9Dto8v.png

Ordered on 7/1/2022
Payment Recieved 7/4/2022
QC Images Sent 7/14/2022
Approved and shipped, 7/18/2022

Right away, i noticed a few issues with the watch. The rotor sounded very very loud, like i was spinning the wheel of fortune just by moving my wrist. The moonphase would sometimes work, sometimes not,

Right after receiving the watch, I let Ryan know of these issues as to which he replied by saying its loud because the movement is an A2824 decorated movement which is normal. And all the other functions not working is also normal.

This was the end of that for a few months... until..

I had a verified watchmaker on reddit that I sent the watch to for service.

He then notified me that after going through the watch, he found it was NOT a A2824 but instead a mid-tier Miyota
https://imgur.com/a/zYc1AI7[/iimg]

I have since been emailing Ryan but have not recieved a response for up to 3 days. Im just taking the L at this point as this is luck of the draw, but I wanted to share my experiecne with Intime.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I have since been emailing Ryan but have not recieved a response for up to 3 days.
When did this happen? We're in cny period, starting about last Friday all of China will be off the radar till February.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
ummmmm ok
Yeah... that's me. I'm part of the Trusted Watchmaker group on r/RepTimeServices along with Trevor, Pat, Major, Nik, and a few others. But I wouldn't need to be trusted to tell you that that's a Miyota movement not an ETA clone.

Is it a train wreck that it has a Miyota and not an ETA? Not really... they're both ok movements. I'd say the bigger problem was that the Miyota in the watch was missing one of its three screws securing the rotor.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yeah... that's me. I'm part of the Trusted Watchmaker group on r/RepTimeServices along with Trevor, Pat, Major, Nik, and a few others. But I wouldn't need to be trusted to tell you that that's a Miyota movement not an ETA clone.

Is it a train wreck that it has a Miyota and not an ETA? Not really... they're both ok movements. I'd say the bigger problem was that the Miyota in the watch was missing one of its three screws securing the rotor.

Yeah its messed up for sure , what i find annoying as hell is that reddit ppl sign up here just to crap on dealers , or fill out a ticket

how long has he had the watch ?
a few months i think

and hes expecting a pm immediatly , during a holiday ?

Reactions: Tucker and TESLA760

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Yeah its messed up for sure , what i find annoying as hell is that reddit ppl sign up here just to crap on dealers , or fill out a ticket

how long has he had the watch ?
a few months i think

and hes expecting a pm immediatly , during a holiday ?
Yeah, fair points. It's the middle of CNY and everyone in China celebrating (or whatever people in China do for CNY, I don't really know, but it's certainly not responding to DMs and getting to inbox-zero).

Also in Ryan's defense, the true movement is basically impossible to see on this watch under the full cover decoration plate, and most (non clone movement) RLX reps use the ETA, so it's probably an honest mistake. (I'm 100% on team "ascribe to honest error not malice").

The fact that it has a missing screw... Whatever, I'm gonna replace the missing one during my service of the movement. Is it sketchy for Ryan to have sold a watch with a movement that was missing a screw? No... it's not Ryan's fault, it's the factory's fault. Ryan isn't responsible for opening the caseback on every watch and checking that the movement looks right, that's the job of the QC person in the factory.

The fact that the rotor is loud... well that's a function of two things: 1) the fact that it's a Miyota, and 2) the fact that it has a HUGE decoration plate, so the rotor is cantilevered up on its bearings. But it was probably exacerbated by the missing screw.

Reactions: Raddave

trixed

Horology Curious
19/1/23
Toronto, Canada
When did this happen? We're in cny period, starting about last Friday all of China will be off the radar till February.
Very fair - Again, if I do get a response id be happy to also update the thread but I wanted to share my entire experience till this day of Intime.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
A full timeline of what happened when, and who said what when (not disclosing PMs but a summary one liner) is always helpful in any/all feedback tbh.

Then advice can be given rather than assuming we know & sometimes making wrong assumptions.

You're the one with the facts, so you're the one who can share exact details and get advice/guidance, or not.

Reactions: Feefo

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
That's nothing serious
Both are cheap chinese movements, is 2824 worth anything over the miyota for this watch?
I wouldn't bother personally
Maybe buy vs3135 and upgrade it
Not sure

Reactions: TESLA760