• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf submariner (Smurf) review

BMW335ituner

Horology Curious
5/9/23
nashville tn
I own several rep submariner’s and the vsf is by far the best one i have got! It has the vs3135 movement and i have been working with the his watch on my wrist for a few months now and it has gained one minute in a 3 month period. I was the guy that bought the $75 rep from new York and thought reps just wouldn’t be reliable at keeping time! But vsf subs are in a whole different class of watch.. but that has got me to purchase a vsf yacht master and a clean factory air king. I will give my review of those after a couple months for comparison..

Reactions: lost-cavalier

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Vsf Smurf dial color far too dark .. why so many come up for sale m2m I’m convinced … noob amd JF back in the day got it right ~ head scratcher why VSF doesn’t fix this fatal flaw

Reactions: Reaps

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Vsf Smurf dial color far too dark .. why so many come up for sale m2m I’m convinced … noob amd JF back in the day got it right ~ head scratcher why VSF doesn’t fix this fatal flaw
Otherwise a flawless beautiful super-rep in every respect ~

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
The fatal flaw is that the rep isn't WG plated as well imho 🤣 I used to not care but once you've had a WG plated rep it's over

sgwatchkid

Clem the Clam
14/9/23
Singapore
can you see a visual difference between steel and white gold with naked eye?
I'd say its really subtle but noticeable if you know what you are looking for (like every other flaw). It is quite noticeable under sunlight to me.

White gold is a tad warmer and doesnt look as 'cold'

Karabas

Known Member
1/10/23
Absolutely. White gold has a unique shine that cannot be achieved with Stainless Steel. But how many people would even know that this watch comes in WG ?
can TD plate it in WG for you before sending?