• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM 1313 vs 1312?

leeyulee

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/12/21

Last year, two great rep watches were released by VSF, and both were considered as SUPER REP by many people. At that time, I thought that VSF became the king of Panerai rep in the market, and there is literally no competitor who could meet VSF’s standard anymore.

So now I got a new question. Out of these two models, Which one shall be the winner in terms of being closer to gen?

It seems obvious that 1312 is more popular due to its color scheme, but I was kind of bothered by such minor flaws like the shape of the CG lever’s tip… which in the meanwhile. 1313 doesn’t.

Honestly, I don’t know since both are great watches, but what do you think?

KOT1917

Respected Member
Section Moderator
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

In this case, everything is pretty relative.
The PAM1313 has a more complex dial that will always look a little less like a GEN than the simple matte black PAM1312.

Also, it is worth noting that the PAM1313 had a very common problem with centering the date, and it was not always possible to get a watch without this flaw.

Also yes, there is the fact that some PAM1313s had a slightly better polished crown, and slightly more pronounced chamfers on the edges of the CG, and even the engraving on the CG could be different.
But here you need to understand that these are just parts that are universal for several models, and the differences are quite subtle. I am sure that these elements can randomly be better or worse on different models and specific specimens, therefore, I would not suggest focusing on this.

In general, they are on the same level, but in terms of proximity to GEN, I would choose PAM1312, and in terms of personal preference, PAM1313, however, both are very, very subjective.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hello.

In this case, everything is pretty relative.
The PAM1313 has a more complex dial that will always look a little less like a GEN than the simple matte black PAM1312.

Also, it is worth noting that the PAM1313 had a very common problem with centering the date, and it was not always possible to get a watch without this flaw.

Also yes, there is the fact that some PAM1313s had a slightly better polished crown, and slightly more pronounced chamfers on the edges of the CG, and even the engraving on the CG could be different.
But here you need to understand that these are just parts that are universal for several models, and the differences are quite subtle. I am sure that these elements can randomly be better or worse on different models and specific specimens, therefore, I would not suggest focusing on this.

In general, they are on the same level, but in terms of proximity to GEN, I would choose PAM1312, and in terms of personal preference, PAM1313, however, both are very, very subjective.

Very good reply !!

ALE

Reactions: KOT1917

lceniza

Known Member
Certified
21/4/21
California
I think they both look great. I'm wondering how the blue seconds hand is finished on the 1312? I was close to purchasing the PAM1441 rep a few months ago but couldn't get over the powdery finish of the seconds hand (compared to the smooth shiny blue finish on the gen).

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
I hope to be able to do a side by side review soon, I think I was lucky enough to get a 1313... currently have the 1312, big fan of that, its got the odd minor flaw but in general its superbly put together rep!

leeyulee

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/12/21
I hope to be able to do a side by side review soon, I think I was lucky enough to get a 1313... currently have the 1312, big fan of that, its got the odd minor flaw but in general its superbly put together rep!

Does that mean that you ordered 1313 but haven’t received it yet? It would be nice of you to post some pictures of side by side comparison!

Also, what kind odd minor flaw are u talking about for 1312?

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
The flaws were pretty much covered by KOT1917 already.. there is a post on the 1312 by VSF which goes into more detail. I don't expect to get the 1313 until late Jan but will do a side by side with the 1312 when it lands.