• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM 1119 New Release

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
If this is true, then the release of VSF before GEN went on sale was a big mistake. If this is not changed at the actual release of 1119, then I don't know, panerai has not announced any other similar models ...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
If this is true, then the release of VSF before GEN went on sale was a big mistake. If this is not changed at the actual release of 1119, then I don't know, panerai has not announced any other similar models ...
That also means Panerai changed the model design and details after the release and announcement which seeeeems crazy.

I mean why show and picture so many designs and make a big deal about all the new details and media campaigns just to not include them in production?

Edit to add....

I mean look. I just saw this pic at a Panerai botique and thay have these new models on posters all over their boutiques. And to change it now just seems absolutely ludicrous.
9fae01cb8b9c517af81cd5188c07f606.jpg

Edited again to add...

Even on the web page the lume on the crown guard is there.

I spoke to a Panerai concierge and they said this model definitely has the lume on the crown guard. It's only a voice call and a conversation but I can't imagine them having such inaccurate info.

While also keeping it up on the web site too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

23d1961e693eca3f6551957acf6cd02e.jpg
4338c2223c9fcaf74a52854343097c34.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I have not seen live photos, there is no this model in boutiques next to me, but changing any details between the announcement and release is a common practice for them, there are many examples. This situation is a little more brutal in terms of the difference, and is exacerbated by the lack of awareness of employees, who themselves have not yet seen the final model for sale.

I think VSF always takes a serious risk by releasing a watch from a picture, not a sample, but the risk pays off with the extra profit from such a realization to the official release. I have not seen GEN, but I quite believe that this is the case when the risk was not justified.

Reactions: johnlogan

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Are there any more people with the actual 1119?
Rep or gen ;-). Or at least pictures of it.

I like to see more pictures. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of the 'tron' watches. The 1117 or the 1119.
I like the blue one, but I don't like the way they changed the crown guard lume. On the other hand, I do like the lume on 1119 cg. But in the gen pictures it is not present. (It is present on the website. Maybe they are both available as a option?)

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Are there any more people with the actual 1119?
Rep or gen ;-). Or at least pictures of it.

I like to see more pictures. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of the 'tron' watches. The 1117 or the 1119.
I like the blue one, but I don't like the way they changed the crown guard lume. On the other hand, I do like the lume on 1119 cg. But in the gen pictures it is not present. (It is present on the website. Maybe they are both available as a option?)

Hey pal. I was on the same boat with the 1117 (is it the 1117? I'm always mixed up with these reference numbers of these and confuse which one is which) I loved it but I was really turned off by that change that I couldn't verify and it baffled me.

I have the 1118 and I will... Let me start here. I'm a sucker for the little details in general. I looked at the 1118 and... I mean I like it and it's cool but nothing great. And then I put it on and I mean every time it's on wrist, I fucking love it.

I think every watch is different in pics than it is on wrist either for the better or worse but these references are on a whole other level of being different in person.

Also there are a ton of tiny details that make me love it even more. I've talked about many of them before.

I think I would actually prefer the 1119 personally because I love anthricite dials. I still might try it. But the dial on the 1118 has a dial that like freaks me out with all the colors that it's capable of.

Whenever I wear it for 2 days, I look back at my phone and I will have it loaded with pics because it looks so nice that I end up taking a million pics every time the light is just right. (I'm sure there are a ton of pics littering this thewad).

But I think either way, you have plenty of time to think about what you aajy because you're not going to get anything until after the spring festival. Sadly.

But I love it. More than I expected or thought I would. All I can say is if you kind o flike it, just wait until it's on wrist.

But if you have any questions or want to check it out let me know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: TBK

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Hazing
Thank you for your elaborate feedback.
I'm sure the dial of the 1118 will look amazing. But I just sold my 1616 carbotech because, although I found it amazing, it just didn't get the wrist time I was expecting. I liked my 683 far better. It really had the wow factor. (but at 42 mm that was rather small to my liking)
So no black carbotech for me this time.

That leaves me with:

- Beautiful blue dial - wrong lume on gc

- very nice grey dial
- although not fibratech, cool light carbon case
- no lume on gen cg. (I like it with the lume of course)

So I'm leaning towards the 1119

Reactions: Hazing

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
....The 1663 is also very cool of course.
But hasn't got the crazy ass lume...

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Hazing

- Beautiful blue dial - wrong lume on gc

- very nice grey dial
- although not fibratech, cool light carbon case
- no lume on gen cg. (I like it with the lume of course)

So I'm leaning towards the 1119
Sorry if i reup this old thread,

but i really like the PAM 1119 Fibratech by VSF; it's one a the few (unique, i would say) Reps with a non-Black Carbon Fiber.

That said, i never saw a Fibratech PAM in the flesh...is the difference noticable against Carbon ?

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Sorry if i reup this old thread,

but i really like the PAM 1119 Fibratech by VSF; it's one a the few (unique, i would say) Reps with a non-Black Carbon Fiber.

That said, i never saw a Fibratech PAM in the flesh...is the difference noticable against Carbon ?
Not really I guess. As long as you don't hold them side by side.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Not really I guess. As long as you don't hold them side by side.
Thanl you for answering @TBK .

So, i will ask you another PAM related quesiton: is the Carbotech similar to the Gen ? Often, even here on RIW, i read about the Carbotyech Rep pattern to be not so identical to Gen (maybe the pattern, i don't know exactly).

Sinc even the AP Royal Oak Offshore Carbon Reps are said to be really good if not NWBIG, which are the exact problems of Carbotech and/or Fibratech Reps ?

Thank you for your answers in advance ....i would really lik to have a Carbotech or Fibratech PAM in my collection.

After all, cmposite materials are one of the few authentic plus of the brand, IMHO.

eSteel does not excsite me, Carbotech and especially Fibratech are cool materials.