• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Omega SMP Grey/Blue - Review and Macros

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Here's a short review and some high res pictures of the VSF Omega SMP I received this week from Lucy. Beside a slight misalignment between bezel and bezel insert, everything's great. Not sure if I'll even fix the insert, as Lucy went through multiple watches that were a lot worse and even the gen SMP sometimes has this misaligned bezel issue. The watch itself is done really well: hands are executed nicely apart from minor imperfections of the blue paint finish, dial print and markers are good and the date wheel is spot on. The brushed and polished surfaces are on a high level, although some polished surfaces on the case look a little wonky under high magnification. Nothing that anyone would ever notice in real life. ven the bracelet is really good, but I'll still give it the oil bath treatment to bring it up to 100%. The clasp adjustment works smoothly, although I never need the small fold-out piece of the SMP. The watch runs perfectly in time and power reserve is good.

If anyone has more questions - that's your problem... :p On to the pictures!

dFoL8.jpg

dFaCL.jpg

dFqrK.jpg

dFiGR.jpg

dFI7v.jpg

dFY31.jpg

dFyyj.jpg

dF1w4.jpg

dF6ic.jpg

dF9cI.jpg

dFrSi.jpg

dF8CX.jpg

dFBLb.jpg

dFlE5.jpg

dFQrp.jpg

dFC3F.jpg

dFPyt.jpg

Last edited:

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
Nice shots.. thinking of getting a black dial SMP/aqua terra 007. Can’t decide..

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Wow, great close up shots, love mine, currently on rubber, think I need to grab the bracelet from my TD..

Last edited:

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Wow, great close up shots, love mine, currently on rubber, think I need to grab the bracelet from my TD..

You should definitely get it. The bracelet's not ARF-great, but 95% with just a liiiittle screakyness that calls for an oil bath...

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
Thanks for the pictures! What was the material you used to take these?
I am waiting for mine, and it's soooo long when you finally decided you want one.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Nice shots! thanks for the macros.

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
I am a bit surprised, the Youtube video with the comparison between rep and gen showed more flaws in macro shots, for example on the dial. I cannot wait for mine to arrive, but with UK triangulation, it is soooo long.

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Update: after wearing the watch for several days in a row, it's running at +3.5s per day. Quite impressive...

lumentin The VSF models will have a higher tolerance than an Omega, so you can obviously receive a watch with some more or less flaws.

colorao01

10/3/10
Thanks by macros awesome details.
one of the best of this year.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Wandered away from Reps for several years but came back to see how things had progressed... this one grabbed me hard.
Got my QC pics about 12 hrs ago from a TD i've dealt with multiple times over the years.

Hoping it'll be on my wrist soon.

daledoback

Getting To Know The Place
5/1/15
Beautiful watch! Any particular reason why you went with the silver dial over blue ?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Really great pics bro. I have a couple Omegas, really starting to like them. This one is a beaut!