• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF NTTD V3 Caseback Issue

SDRSR

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
30/12/16
Hoping someone has tips for me ... I'm trying to open the caseback of my VSF NTTD V3, but it only turns about 1/8 of the way. I've done my searching of the forums, as well as Reddit, and I've seen quite a bit of discussion, but no real solutions. Many people say that this is normal, and after it turns a bit you just lift off the caseback. I've tried that and I can't get it to lift. I've tried a rubber ball, a 3-way adjustable caseback opener, etc. It's really stuck on there. Anyone else have this experience or, better yet, tips to open it?! I've sadly scratched up the caseback a bit trying to open it...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Have you tried a wad of duct tape, sticky side out? I've had to resort to this a couple of times when other methods failed. Other option is to buy an omega caseback tool.

I have used this style before to open omega casebacks that would not open by any other method

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸

I have these for Omega Cases. Naiad locks can be a little tough to open with a sticky ball sometimes due to the nature of the locking threads.

I use a bergeon 5700 chinese clone opener. Might be more than you are willing to spend but using it and a ziplock bag between the case back and the opening die helps prevent tool slippage and subsequent scratches.

Last edited:
Reactions: haze3715

haze3715

walked out, no purchase history.
Supporter
Certified
8/8/21
Canada

I have these for Omega Cases. Naiad locks can be a little tough to open with a sticky ball sometimes due to the nature of the locking threads.

I use a bergeon 5700 chinese clone opener. Might be more than you are willing to spend but using it and a ziplock bag between the case back and the opening die helps prevent tool slippage and subsequent scratches.
Those would work, as would these:

my VSF V4 case back isn’t very tight. like many others mine can be undone with finger strength. I really should get a thicker gasket on.