• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Bond SMP 60th Anniv Impressions

HelloBusby

Addicted To Peeling New Watch Stickers
Supporter
Certified
3/4/23
I’m not an expert or a dealer, I just wanted to share my rep for those interested in purchasing. I’ve learned so much from the pictures that people share on this forum, I wanted to give something back.

This version of the Bond 60th Anniversary has peaked my interest for some time. It is almost impossible to find one to purchase at retail at this time, this rep is a great alternative. I don’t have one to compare it to, but I have seen the real thing. The VSF is a little lighter in the shade of blue in certain light conditions, but not that different. People talk about the caseback and how it doesn’t have the hologram. As cool as it would be to have, there are certain drawbacks that come to mind in having it. If it did exist, this would still be a rep and more moving parts have higher likelihood of problems. The gen animation is not that clear and it is a bit underwhelming. In some ways, I actually prefer the stationary image because my eye almost always gets drawn to the mechanism. Which in this model is stunning. Would I like to have it, of course, but it certainly was not a deal breaker for me.

Another issue that I have heard talked about is that people are waiting for the “upgraded” versions to come out. But what if the first edition is better than the subsequent ones. It reminds me of the current Seamaster Diver 300 produced by VSF. All their dial markers are yellow unless under direct and BRIGHT sun. This drove me nuts with my black model. And is the main reason I purchased ZF for the blue version. I have attached picture comparisons on this post. I guess what I’m saying is that, it may not be a guarantee that subsequent versions will be better, although most likely it probably will.

For me the biggest things that I focus on (given that we are talking about a standard high quality build), are shape, glass, color match, and reflectivity (especially for subs). I know reps aren’t perfect, so I will not stress about certain things being microscopically unaligned. How many times do you notice this, even when you’re talking to someone literally in front of you looking directly at their watch. If you notice that, then kudos to you, I commend your eagle eyes and you should probably use that skill and your time to something more productive, that may possibly help humanity.

Finally, someone mentioned if a random stranger asks to see the watch, that one might be embarrassed and publicly shamed. I don’t have a Snoopy so I can’t quite relate fully to this, but this situation has never occurred to me with my other watches rep or real. I’m not sure what type of urban area you live in or your social circles, but this type of behavior would be considered inordinate in my location. That type of behavior would be interpreted as aggressive and off-putting. But again, this is something that I do not expect a person I typically interact with to do, in a personal or in a business setting. Frankly, if someone asked to see my watch in an unlikely scenario, I would politely say, “I’m sorry but I do not take my watch off for strangers, you understand.” Then kindly direct them to an Omega boutique or YouTube. If I observed this as a bystander, I would side with the watch owner in thinking, that was a very arrogant and presumptuous thing to do by the other person. If a real friend asks me, I would tell them it’s a rep. But again, some people may have different rhetorical uses or definitions for the word “friend. All in all, this will probably vary per setting or location (the world is a big and beautiful place).
This purchase was a leap of faith since there is literally no information by regular joes at this time. But something told me that many people would feel this way, and surely VSF isn’t stupid enough to produce a terrible product with the competition out there from the onset. I am pleasantly surprised with the watch and it has exceeded my expectations. It is a beautiful timepiece and would definitely buy again (probably the update, just kidding)

TheWatchGuy2

Patron
Certified
4/8/22
USA
I’m not an expert or a dealer, I just wanted to share my rep for those interested in purchasing. I’ve learned so much from the pictures that people share on this forum, I wanted to give something back.

This version of the Bond 60th Anniversary has peaked my interest for some time. It is almost impossible to find one to purchase at retail at this time, this rep is a great alternative. I don’t have one to compare it to, but I have seen the real thing. The VSF is a little lighter in the shade of blue in certain light conditions, but not that different. People talk about the caseback and how it doesn’t have the hologram. As cool as it would be to have, there are certain drawbacks that come to mind in having it. If it did exist, this would still be a rep and more moving parts have higher likelihood of problems. The gen animation is not that clear and it is a bit underwhelming. In some ways, I actually prefer the stationary image because my eye almost always gets drawn to the mechanism. Which in this model is stunning. Would I like to have it, of course, but it certainly was not a deal breaker for me.

Another issue that I have heard talked about is that people are waiting for the “upgraded” versions to come out. But what if the first edition is better than the subsequent ones. It reminds me of the current Seamaster Diver 300 produced by VSF. All their dial markers are yellow unless under direct and BRIGHT sun. This drove me nuts with my black model. And is the main reason I purchased ZF for the blue version. I have attached picture comparisons on this post. I guess what I’m saying is that, it may not be a guarantee that subsequent versions will be better, although most likely it probably will.

For me the biggest things that I focus on (given that we are talking about a standard high quality build), are shape, glass, color match, and reflectivity (especially for subs). I know reps aren’t perfect, so I will not stress about certain things being microscopically unaligned. How many times do you notice this, even when you’re talking to someone literally in front of you looking directly at their watch. If you notice that, then kudos to you, I commend your eagle eyes and you should probably use that skill and your time to something more productive, that may possibly help humanity.

Finally, someone mentioned if a random stranger asks to see the watch, that one might be embarrassed and publicly shamed. I don’t have a Snoopy so I can’t quite relate fully to this, but this situation has never occurred to me with my other watches rep or real. I’m not sure what type of urban area you live in or your social circles, but this type of behavior would be considered inordinate in my location. That type of behavior would be interpreted as aggressive and off-putting. But again, this is something that I do not expect a person I typically interact with to do, in a personal or in a business setting. Frankly, if someone asked to see my watch in an unlikely scenario, I would politely say, “I’m sorry but I do not take my watch off for strangers, you understand.” Then kindly direct them to an Omega boutique or YouTube. If I observed this as a bystander, I would side with the watch owner in thinking, that was a very arrogant and presumptuous thing to do by the other person. If a real friend asks me, I would tell them it’s a rep. But again, some people may have different rhetorical uses or definitions for the word “friend. All in all, this will probably vary per setting or location (the world is a big and beautiful place).
This purchase was a leap of faith since there is literally no information by regular joes at this time. But something told me that many people would feel this way, and surely VSF isn’t stupid enough to produce a terrible product with the competition out there from the onset. I am pleasantly surprised with the watch and it has exceeded my expectations. It is a beautiful timepiece and would definitely buy again (probably the update, just kidding)

I have it too and think it's pretty nice.

Reactions: HelloBusby

HelloBusby

Supporter
Certified
3/4/23
I have it too and think it's pretty nice.
I’m really glad I bought it. I didn’t know what to expect while I was waiting for it. There was a mention that the width may be 15mm, so I was ecstatic when it was like the gen.

eBoy

🏥🚑 RWI New Members Mental Asylum Warden 🩺⛑️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light
Super nice. I'm really keen on getting a 42mm SMP.

I just know that I want either this or NTTD, but not a regular model. Not sure yet which one ultimately tickles my fancy more. Probably the NTTD, but I'll possibly change my mind once it's time to pull the trigger.

What speaks pro NTTD is its relatively easy availability via M2M versus probably needing to source this one new, which is kinda difficult at the moment.

TheWatchGuy2

Patron
Certified
4/8/22
USA
Super nice. I'm really keen on getting a 42mm SMP.

I just know that I want either this or NTTD, but not a regular model. Not sure yet which one ultimately tickles my fancy more. Probably the NTTD, but I'll possibly change my mind once it's time to pull the trigger.

What speaks pro NTTD is its relatively easy availability via M2M versus probably needing to source this one new, which is kinda difficult at the moment.
Yeah the NTTD is pretty easy to get M2M and it's titanium. Idk though i just love the blue dial and the wave pattern on this one. But I had 3, 42mm SMP's so wasn't a hard choice for me to add this one to make it 4.🤣

Reactions: eBoy

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Thanks for taking the plunge! I’m curious - any chance we could get a lume shot of this beauty?

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
It’s not just the animation “issue” on these VSF units. The crown guards are still the wrong shape ( ZF / ORF have them much better done ) and the risk of the tube and crown stripping issues with all these VSF seamasters.
It’s a nice “attempt” but it would still be nice to get the main characteristics and functional longevity done a bit better…. Especially from a large factory/ supplier like VSF.

Reactions: TheWatchGuy2

HelloBusby

Supporter
Certified
3/4/23
It’s not just the animation “issue” on these VSF units. The crown guards are still the wrong shape ( ZF / ORF have them much better done ) and the risk of the tube and crown stripping issues with all these VSF seamasters.
It’s a nice “attempt” but it would still be nice to get the main characteristics and functional longevity done a bit better…. Especially from a large factory/ supplier like VSF.
That would be nice, but I am not a perfectionist when it comes to replica watches. I’m still very happy with it. Have you seen and felt the real one? I had one in my hands and rotated that watch in all angles that you would possibly see someone wearing. There is not much difference unless you hand it over to someone. I’m not sure how to describe it, but what you are describing is not as obvious in real life. It’s also not that different from the ZF and VSF SMP Divers that I have. It could possibly be the angles of the scalloped bezel and the way the light hits the crown gaurd’s, the crown guards seem much more present in person. Hard to describe with pictures.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
That would be nice, but I am not a perfectionist when it comes to replica watches. I’m still very happy with it. Have you seen and felt the real one? I had one in my hands and rotated that watch in all angles that you would possibly see someone wearing. There is not much difference unless you hand it over to someone. I’m not sure how to describe it, but what you are describing is not as obvious in real life. It’s also not that different from the ZF and VSF SMP Divers that I have. It could possibly be the angles of the scalloped bezel and the way the light hits the crown gaurd’s, the crown guards seem much more present in person. Hard to describe with pictures.
I guess you can compare the crown guard shape and size between your 2 examples. Have a close look and you’ll see how small and “blunt” they look on the VSF compared to the ZF and gen. It’s quite obvious when you see it.

Reactions: TheWatchGuy2

miniost

Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
EU
Thanks for this!
Been looking at this piece for some time but haven't pull the trigger yet.
This is very helpful.

JayHova

Horology Curious
10/9/18
Hotlanta

Very helpful! Thanks for all your efforts.