• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage

bremerk2

26/3/06
I have just received a Vintage Military Sub from Andrew. Really nice, however I seem to have a problem with the strap. Don't like it much. Is there a possibilty to fit perhaps a leather strap or a vintage SS band?
The pins seem to be pressed into place. Do I have to pess these out in order to fit push pins?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Klaus

Spring is eternal.

If the pins cannot pressed out, can they be drilled out and what pins would one use to fit?

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
Bre, I have the same on the way - how's the watch overall?

I ordered a cloth nato strap to switch out, I am hoping its not too tough to change them.

jimmy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/06
The pins can't be removed, they are fixed, an Oyster band can never be added.
It's possible a professional modder can fix the problem if you couldn't live with
a Nato. I would just enjoy it with the Nato.

bremerk2

26/3/06
JCM1662 said:
Bre, I have the same on the way - how's the watch overall?

I ordered a cloth nato strap to switch out, I am hoping its not too tough to change them.

It comes with the Nato strap. No need to switch. The watch feels and looks fine. THe only noticable thing is, the serrations on the bezel feel sharp to the touch. Have not decided what to do with it.

Spring is eternal.

bremerk2

26/3/06
jimmy said:
The pins can't be removed, they are fixed, an Oyster band can never be added.
It's possible a professional modder can fix the problem if you couldn't live with
a Nato. I would just enjoy it with the Nato.

Thanks. If I find I can't live with it it will be sold and replaced with another Vintage Sub.

Spring is eternal.