• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Seamaster 300

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
Hey guys!

So i've been reading up on vintage 300 seamaster (NO DATE). There are some superb versions here and although i would love to go franken... i just don't have the money for that.

I was wondering if there are any parts that i can gather to make the watch a little bit better looking, i'm going for a somewhat NOS look. so i'm wondering the following:

Is there a new/better crystal i can install?
is the lug size 20mm?
Are there better hands other than the ones the rep comes with?

Also, is there a modder i can get in touch with to put it all together for me? including barely vintage lume.. (going for that creamy - barely yellow look - like below) :)

this pic is from a member here... i'm sorry i forgot who it was and if they would like me to take it down, please let me know:
rMFkv2A.jpg

but this is pretty much what i am going for except i don't want the mesh bracelet, i'm putting it on a badass maratac elite:
IMG_1646_b.jpg

thank you.

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
i have that exact same watch on a mesh (different mesh). There is really not much to do for that in order to make it more gen like. The yellow and white numbers bezel is not indicative of all gen models from what I know. Further, the bezel on the gen has lume, the rep does not. You do need a white pained seconds hand though. I think Ryan has white seconds hands. Lug size is 20mm. I am happy with the stock crystal myself.

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
Is there a way to apply lume on the bezel?

is the rep bezel like that of the ploprof rep where lume can be applied?

also, who's ryan? :/

If you see Kay

26/1/09
I think the rep bezel is different than the ploprof. the bezel is not unlike how the PO bezel is made.

I don't know of any way of applying lume to it and still maintain the look of the gen. I replied to the member from whom you got that pic in your OP and asked how he got the yellow numbers. He sanded down the bezel insert to remove the gloss and then applied a yellow highlighter to the specific numbers. He then applied a clear coat spray paint over it to seal the yellow highlighter. The gen bezel insert is quite glossy from what I know.

Ryan is intime watches iirc

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Here is one I put together. Stock hands and dial with some aging, painted second hand and modded bezel. There are parts available through Helenarou on ebay. Unfortunately the bezel is aluminum and can only be coloured to look like aged lume. The extra high plexi is from cousinsuk.

DSC00030.jpg

384defc6-bd85-40b5-981f-f7bf9041f96d.jpg

If you see Kay

26/1/09
your shark mesh is the same as mine. I like your aged hands alot. I can't recall exactly what the gen crystal profile actually looks like, so I am not going to change mine at the momemnt. How did you paint your seconds hand.

I am thinking of doing mine this weekend. I have some "white-out" and a fine painter's brush and was thinking of using that.

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
your shark mesh is the same as mine. I like your aged hands alot. I can't recall exactly what the gen crystal profile actually looks like, so I am not going to change mine at the momemnt. How did you paint your seconds hand.

I am thinking of doing mine this weekend. I have some "white-out" and a fine painter's brush and was thinking of using that.

I used model paint and a fine brush. Your clasp look like this one though?:D:
DSC00034.jpg

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
ahh! thank you so much guys.

sweet! ryan has it for $190... that's $30!! cheaper than josh.... hmm.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Here is one I put together. Stock hands and dial with some aging, painted second hand and modded bezel. There are parts available through Helenarou on ebay. Unfortunately the bezel is aluminum and can only be coloured to look like aged lume. The extra high plexi is from cousinsuk.

DSC00030.jpg

384defc6-bd85-40b5-981f-f7bf9041f96d.jpg

Awesome! Do you have the part number for that crystal?

If you see Kay

26/1/09
do you know which supplier sells a white seconds hand for an a21j ?

I'm having a bitch trying to paint mine white.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
yah , I checked him out already. all his seconds hands are clipped off at the tips.

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
5/4/13
do you know which supplier sells a white seconds hand for an a21j ?

I'm having a bitch trying to paint mine white.

I used paint from a model supply company called micro mark . The paint is thin and fine grained. It is called flowquil and is used to paint small scale models and figures for train layouts. Very god stuff for small paint jobs.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Floquil is now a Testors product and should be available at any model railroad store who stocks Walthers lines or direct from Testors: http://www.testors.com/category/133504/Accessories There are no better fine scale paints and they are perfect for out uses as well. Their enamel clear (NOT the water based
PolyS range) makes an excellent lume binder when used with their reducer.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Oh no, I've been trying to foget this watch for a while now, but having seen them on Intime earlier in the week and now on here, I know what is next on my list!