• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage 300 from Toro

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Received a while ago from Toro. Didn't have a camera or figure out how to post until a day ago. I installed a high plexi, attempted to vintage the hands,indices and bezel.A bit rough but looks OK from arms length.Next to do,install black datewheel and paint second hand white. So here it is!
DSC00029.jpg
DSC00030.jpg
DSC00033.jpg
DSC00034.jpg
DSC00102.jpg

danq85

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/10/12
Very nice! I dig it. I want one of these vintage 300's eventually, looks great on the mesh too.

Ballface

20/6/12
Very awesome. The mesh is perfect for the watch. May I ask what method did you use to vintage-ize the dial?

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Nice work! Would look great on a grey NATO.

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
I used a strong mixture of tea and coffee applied with a brush. I think next time I will add a little tempra to even it out.

grejfoku

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/13
Looks very nice! How did you vintagized the bezel? I guess not with the tea-coffee mix.
Could you please tell the article number of the plexy as well?
I always wanted an SM300 rep but the yellow markers and hand were the dealbraker for me.
Your one looks much better with your mods IMHO.

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Looks very nice! How did you vintagized the bezel? I guess not with the tea-coffee mix.
Could you please tell the article number of the plexy as well?
I always wanted an SM300 rep but the yellow markers and hand were the dealbraker for me.
Your one looks much better with your mods IMHO.

No not the beverage mix. I roughed up the bezel with some scotchbrite . Colored each 5 min. numeral and baton with indelible marker( Burnt orange ) then sprayed with 2 coats polyurethane satin. Plexi is a Sternkreuz 304 extra high dome from CousinsUK pressed in and UV glued. Hope this helps.