• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC Overseas Gaps between the bracelet and the case

incognito

Looking Around
14/2/10
I reviewed my Overseas 4500V SS ZF 1:1 Best Edition from Jtime. As you can see from the pictures, the bottom side of the case does not fit flush with the bracelet. The top part does. See the last picture. Does anyone else have the same issue? Should I ask the jtime to replace the watch? It really bothers me. Is this something that the watch repair shop can fix? Any advice? Thanks

Big GAP at the bottom:
H8PN3I.jpeg

Big GAP at the bottom:
H8PRYc.jpeg

Smaller gap at the top:
H8P774.jpeg

Reactions: amir_salami

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Those quick release bracelets on the VC Overseas can be wonky. I have a couple of those watches and the bracelet fits well on both- but i have a couple of the rubber straps and they are loose- but not that loose. i think its a strap issue not a watch issue.

This is a lower in demand replica so the tolerances for a perfect fit is much lower- there is not enough money in it for them. that seems looser than my experience- but the rubber ones will never be perfect. I would consider going for the metal bracelet - those IMO tend to fit much better- then buy a couple aftermarket rubber ones on Ali and seeing what works.

Last edited:

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
your third photo is about as good as it gets with these.

incognito

Looking Around
14/2/10
So there is no way to fix this somehow, other than to try and get another rubber bracelet?

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Ask them if they can get a different rubber. I really would recommend buying the metal bracelet just to have it, the rubber straps are all over Ali Express for about 60usd.

If you really don't care about the steel bracelet, just ask if they can replace the rubber. For those quick releases on the strap to hold perfectly the placement of the latch has to be really really perfect- something that's hit or miss an illegal watch factory..

This thread motivated me to put mine on today..

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I reviewed my Overseas 4500V SS ZF 1:1 Best Edition from Jtime. As you can see from the pictures, the bottom side of the case does not fit flush with the bracelet. The top part does. See the last picture. Does anyone else have the same issue? Should I ask the jtime to replace the watch? It really bothers me. Is this something that the watch repair shop can fix? Any advice? Thanks

Big GAP at the bottom:
H8PN3I.jpeg

Big GAP at the bottom:
H8PRYc.jpeg

Smaller gap at the top:
H8P774.jpeg
Get a bracelet, the ugly ass rubber strap looks like garbage anyway. The unique VC bracelet is what I would want! I don't what anyone expects with only 6 mm of rubber holding the whole thing on anyway.

amir_salami

Horology Curious
27/6/23
United kingdom
Mine is exactly the same with the gap, however even though it is securely fastened with the quick release mechanism it slowly works it's way off the spring bar replacement.

This happened the watch fell to the ground and now has stopped working dilemma on to wether to replace or repair the movement then going back to the original bracelet and hoping it doesn't come off that aswell

Pinion Minion

Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Mine is exactly the same with the gap, however even though it is securely fastened with the quick release mechanism it slowly works it's way off the spring bar replacement.

This happened the watch fell to the ground and now has stopped working dilemma on to wether to replace or repair the movement then going back to the original bracelet and hoping it doesn't come off that aswell
That also sounds like a strap fastener issue. It's a miyota movement so a swap might be an easy fix- but replace the strap - AE had loads of them.

You can also purchase just the fastener:

Reactions: amir_salami