• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VC Overseas Date 4500V/110A

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Has anyone received their overseas 4500v watch? any comments on bracelet?
I only have QC pics thus far. I had issues with dust on the dial.
YHIsaz5h.jpg

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
To me this model has always looked like a Kenneth Cole Macy's $100 dollar fashion watch. It just looks .... cheap. Not to offend anyone but it just not my taste...

I'd have to disagree. It's a bit over the top to call it a Macy's fashion watch. LOL! I had one of the older good reps (black guilloche dial) that is out of production and it was a very cool watch in person. The bracelet is quite unique, unlike anything else out there. Admittedly, I like it on screen too.

I miss that watch... And I'm happy to see the makers revisiting it.

cyrus900

Known Member
6/8/16
Which version seem to be more accurate ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

The Tourist

27/3/14
To sum things up and at the same time I'd like to ask some questions:

> The blue VCO in this thread is actually the new one which VC introduced at SIHH2016 (The Maltese-cross bezel now has 6 notches versus 8 previously and spread out to the very rim of the case).

> Is the new VCO really from BP factory?

> Can someone elaborate a bit more on this SS bracelet? How is the brushing and how are the highly polished parts compared to gen?

@majwilliams0308 could you please make some more pictures for us? ...and maybe tell us a bit more on how you like this rep (any pros or cons?)

> The newly replicated VCO from JJF with the date window at 5 is an older model (pre 2016).
> A SS bracelet by JJF is on the horizon...

@Repworld could you please confirm? ...or amend?

The Tourist

27/3/14
Thanks for caring!
Let's see, I just jumped the gun and ordered one with the blue dial. I guess I'll get my QC in a few days...

The Tourist

27/3/14
Given the very limited availability of decent rep photos of this version, I made a little photoshop collage comparison with the closest gen pics I could find on the net... hope you like it and it's helpful in the decisin making process...

I find this rep really well done! Sure there are some flaws (like repworld pointed out earlier, but decide for yourself, it's not too shabby IMO)

Vacheron-_Constantin-_Overseas-time-and-date-4500_V.jpg

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Given the very limited availability of decent rep photos of this version, I made a little photoshop collage comparison with the closest gen pics I could find on the net... hope you like it and it's helpful in the decisin making process...

I find this rep really well done! Sure there are some flaws (like repworld pointed out earlier, but decide for yourself, it's not too shabby IMO)

Vacheron-_Constantin-_Overseas-time-and-date-4500_V.jpg
Thanks for posting this!

The top one which is my pic is the BP version. The one below is MP factory. The font for the MP version was just too off for me so I never wore it and I sold it. The BP version is spot on. It's almost super rep category for me now.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Yes the bottom right is from MP factory.

The Tourist,
Make sure you get BP version. Tell you TD that you want BP.

The Tourist

27/3/14
Oh, dammit, really? Thanks a lot for that extremely valuable information majwilliams0308 and rcom440!!

I thought the VCO on the Puretime website is also the BP version. Didn't know that there's a MP factory repping it also.

I have to write them immediately.

Thanks again!

Sent from the RWI App

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Oh, dammit, really? Thanks a lot for that extremely valuable information majwilliams0308 and rcom440!!

I thought the VCO on the Puretime website is also the BP version. Didn't know that there's a MP factory repping it also.

I have to write them immediately.

Thanks again!

Sent from the RWI App

No prob.
I noticed that puretime has only MP (and JJF but that's Overseas 2nd edition). They didn't add BP on their webpage.
Just make sure you get BP. I can actually spot which is which based on date window, color of the dial and VC cross logo. BP makes WAY better reps than MP.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
No prob.
I noticed that puretime has only MP (and JJF but that's Overseas 2nd edition). They didn't add BP on their webpage.
Just make sure you get BP. I can actually spot which is which based on date window, color of the dial and VC cross logo. BP makes WAY better reps than MP.

Yup. I got my BP version in the pic from Puretime. I just used the trusty time link

Sent from the RWI mobile app