• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Various dials on the planet ocean

TheCold

15/8/09
Hi, I have an UPO with orange bezel and orange numerals as we speak. But after looking at some of the planet oceans with black bezels and orange numerals, I can't really figure out if the dial with orange numerals on the watch with the black bezel is the same color as the dial with orange numerals that comes with the one with the orange bezel.

So either my mind is playing tricks with me or there are 2 different dials one more black-ish with orange numerals, and one more grey-ish with the orange numerals?

If that's the case, are there any dealers that sell dials? because I couldn't find any on ebay :(

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Good question: I hadn't ever considered that...or even payed close enough attention to the dials to notice. You may have a point. I'm now not certain whether it's the "power of suggestion" or the orange numbered dial is a shade darker. In looking at the gen dials that ofrei offers here http://www.ofrei.com/page1123.html it does sort of look like the black is a tad different.

TheCold

15/8/09
Ah, thanks for the link good for comparison. Thing is I have the one with orange numerals and it looks like dark grey. Must be tjat the pictures make it look black since none of the dials look all black