• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constatin Overseas Chronograph

AIRY:D

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/3/24
Hey,

I want to but the VC Overseas chrono and got a few questions. How good the chrono would work or will it crush after some time? I know I am speking not in details but it would be my first rep chrono and I want to know if (for lack of the better words,,.) it would be better for me to buy Seiko, timex or something?
what you think it would be best blue dial chrono overseas?
I think the 5500v from 8F is really good at least for my eye...

Thank you guys, you're amazing(y)

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
A lot depends on you and how you use the watch. If you take care of it, they will last for a long time. If you're a neanderthal who slams the watch around and uses the chrono with disregard to common practices, then it will not last long. That goes for any chrono.

tokidoki

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
2/5/24
USA
I believe 8F is the best rep out there for the 5500V and the chrono works but some have noted that the rotor is loud. Forgot what movement this was using but this. The dial color isn't as pronounce as the gen along with other notables. Personally, I'd go with a more proven ootb chrono unit like a rep daytona or even a seiko or citizen.

Martycus

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
You can always take it to a watchsmith for a tear down service, cleaning and lube. I've been doing that with mine and it makes a huge difference.

AIRY:D

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/3/24
So after hearing you out, I ll do:
~Buy the VC overseas chrono (already have the VC overseas perpetual)
~I ll reapair it if needed see how much it would cost,
~if I will fail miserably then i would buy PRX chrono

Thank you so much for helping out.