• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron constantin thread 2

speedster

23/10/07
Well the watch I mentioned in an earlier thread has turned up from Peter wang (Watchstation), it is a gift and I emphasised this to Peter to try and make sure he had a look over it before sending it. Well, wether it was checked or not the watch has arrived safe and sound. Im still looking for my usb lead so cant upload the pic's just yet but will tomorrow. The watch face is slightly different in design to the one which was advertised but this is no big deal to me, the overall watch is identical (shape of face, dial colour,strap), its still a really good looking watch which the recipient, Im sure, will be made up with. There is a working power reserve, date and moving seconds hand (miyota movt). As on the advertised piece there is an open glass back with the decorated rotor which looks nice.
All in all the transaction with Peter was nice and smooth, good comms, and very fast delivery, his price did change from my initial enquiry up to me purchasing from $110 dollars to $120 (delivered!), but there was about a month in between this so I didnt query the change. Some people may have kicked up a fuss with the dial not being the same as the one advertised (which is fair enough) but in this case its unimportant as its a nice dial anyhow (and seems to be a bit of a fantasy watch as Ive not seen one like it on VC's website, its like they use the watch case from one watch and used the face from another one as inspiration) and he will be happy with it.

Thumbs up to Peter.

Pics to follow tomorrow :D