• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vacheron Constantin Overseas (non-cartel version, from Puretime, QC photos)

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Motivated by namjah's wonderful photos of his new non-cartel VCO, I've decided to take the plunge as well.

These are QC photos of a white-dialed Vacheron Constantin Overseas from Puretime. I'm pretty certain it's the non-cartel version, from the date aperture, and the extra screws on the caseback which attach to the bracelet.

I think it looks quite good, but if I missed anything, and you see any issues, please let me know. Thanks.

I've also asked them for a few more closeups of the watch dial, with the crown pulled, and will post these once they arrive.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I can't advise on QC pics but i really like it :)

Edit - Honeybear, I see from other threads that you have a gen, and an older version of this rep. How come you're getting this one too? Is it a better version?

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I can't advise on QC pics but i really like it :)

Edit - Honeybear, I see from other threads that you have a gen, and an older version of this rep. How come you're getting this one too? Is it a better version?

Yes, I have a cartel replica as well. I believe that this non-cartel version, is a bit more accurate, since the applied 3, 6, 9, 12 hour markers are bigger, and it has a slightly larger Maltese cross. The date wheel aperture is also trapezoidal, as opposed to rectangular, and is beveled (a bit too much). This appears to be like the version Silix used to offer, but without the double AR sapphire crystal.

The bracelet is however attached with two extra screws on each end, which are not accurate to the gen.

There is a wonderful comparison of the Silix and cartel versions of the Overseas here:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t141.html

To be honest, the differences are very subtle, but since I have the gen as well, these small differences bother me more than it might bother other people.

I originally tried to order the VCO from Silix, but he only seemed to have the cartel version, as well as a version which is even lower in quality than the cartel version, so I ended up purchasing the cartel version instead. I didn't realize that this version was still available, but when namjah posted his photos of his new VCO from Puretime, which was essentially the Silix version without double AR, I decided I should take the plunge and get this slightly more accurate version.

I figured I would sell my cartel version once this new one arrives, so if anyone is interested in my cartel version, send me a PM.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
BTW since you have the gen (holy sh*tf*ck you lucky man) aren't you best placed to know if anything is awry?

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
BTW since you have the gen (holy sh*tf*ck you lucky man) aren't you best placed to know if anything is awry?

I know what the subtle differences are, but it's always good to get a second opinion to catch any little QC issues I might have missed.

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Honeybear, I sent you a PM...not sure if you got it or not but I have a question about the 'feel' of this watch.

How does the weight and feel of the case and bracelet compare to the gen? I have never held either, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to be...is it supposed to feel heavy and chunky like a Breitling or light and rattling like an old Rolex sub?

I'm sooo close to ordering one with a black dial, just want to know how the overall feel and quality is.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
The feel of the replica is close to the gen, it's more a matter of finishing on the bracelet, and the rep clasp is not as smoothly functioning. The bracelet itself is very substantial, and doesn't rattle like a vintage Rolex bracelet.

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Excellent, that's good to know. I'll be ordering my soon, thanks!

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Another question, Honeybear...how is the dial of the rep compared to gen? I just saw the gen and the dial seems to be a silvery-white...does the rep have a similar colour and texture?

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Another question, Honeybear...how is the dial of the rep compared to gen? I just saw the gen and the dial seems to be a silvery-white...does the rep have a similar colour and texture?

The dial texture is perhaps the most disappointing part of the replica. There have been a few fortunate people on RWG2 who were able to obtain gen dials and created fraken VCOs, but the gen dials are impossible to find anymore.

The main defects are that the gen dial is more glossy, and the guilloche is much more pronounced on the gen dial. The rep dial looks good if you haven't seen the gen, but it pales in comparison when placed side by side.

This is a photo of the gen for reference.

DSC00283.jpg

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Hmm...that's good info. I think I will be going with the black dial, just to keep it a little more subtle.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Hmm...that's good info. I think I will be going with the black dial, just to keep it a little more subtle.

The black dial is perhaps a bit less dressy. It would benefit from AR treatment, particularly with the black dial.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I'm late on this one, but can you tell us if you had problems resizing the bracelet ? I'm contemplating a VCO again, but I remember the one of my cartel version was a nightmare.

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
IMO you just have to be careful...it's not that it's difficult, it's just very fragile.

Oh, and take your time and make sure you don't trap the small screws in the big links. Ask me how I found THAT out the hard way.

Me-->:lolcina:<--Me

Kal Vilmer

24/1/11
IMO you just have to be careful...it's not that it's difficult, it's just very fragile.

Oh, and take your time and make sure you don't trap the small screws in the big links. Ask me how I found THAT out the hard way.

Me-->:lolcina:<--Me

Did you order the Puretime model? got any pics?

TIA

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
Did you order the Puretime model? got any pics?

TIA

I got the non-cartel (PT) version, but I bought it from a fellow member...not from PT. It took quite a bit of work to get it nice, but it really is a beautiful watch. I don't have any pics of it right now, but I can upload a few later.

grejyedi

29/12/11
Just got mine from Puretime.

Great watch - feels just right on the wrist and a really well made bracelet.

However the hands are definately black - not silver like the QC pics above or the gen,

The numbers are silver - just the hands are black.

YbNIr.jpg

Still needs sizing