• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Using Gen Dial on Rep Vintage 300 Seamaster? Will it fit?

nakita92x

Horology Curious
17/4/12
Hi Everyone! I have a question regarding using Rep parts with authentic parts... Here is my project I have in mind. I've located a pretty decent looking Omega Vintage Seamaster 300 from Intime.. Then I was on ebay and looking at Authentic Omega seamaster parts... I found a reliable source which sells authentic Omega parts, bezels, dials, hands.. This company also sells fully restored and built Vintage seamasters.. I can not afford to pay out the 3k which is the asking price, but what I want to do is buy an authentic dial and place it on the rep.. The cost of the dial is about $150 and the rep is about $220.. I've got a mod guy who does dial swaps, but the problem is I don't want to find out after spending 150 on a dial that somethings not right and it wont work out.. Technically on the sellers ebay page he says the dial will fit the 552 caliber omega movement, but the Rep Seamaster uses the ETA2824-2 Asian clone.. My mod guy says the dial should work, but what do you guy's think? I'm not looking to resell this watch, this is just for personal use of course! Should my project work? Here is a photo of the rep watch + auth omega dial.

ogladio

Known Member
8/7/11
No. At least not with the rep that Silix sells, gen dial is a lot smaller:

CDtcE78.jpg

secfincorp

Renowned Member
27/2/12
This case looks different than the older models and silix case. it looks like the teeth sit higher off the case than all the other ones I have seen. I may be similar size to the yuki case without the yellow numbers on the bezel insert.
I can tell you I have built one of these with all NOS parts and want to kill myself for not buying a couple of case sets back when they were under 1k. I have all the parts except for the case for a new one. By far one of the best watches I have had. I am looking at buying this newer case from Joshua at perfect clones to see if the gen dial will fit....

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
:wyliehelp:
I can tell you I have built one of these with all NOS parts and want to kill myself for not buying a couple of case sets back when they were under 1k. I have all the parts except for the case for a new one. By far one of the best watches I have had.

Same here. Just sourced a 565 and away it went. I never measured the dial diameter though, so can't help re fitting to rep case.

secfincorp

Renowned Member
27/2/12
I may have to buy one of these newer models as a tester. is it me or does this bezel sit off the case like the gen. The older ones were a dead giveaway of not being correct in fact having the original is was really obvious.

The only problem is the gen's bezel is amazing it would be nice if you could swap it out for a gen.

D

d4m.test

What got my curiosity going was I read someplace where a guy actually managed to get the WatchCO Authentic dial on a replica watch. He managed to get the dial + hands on but said the bezel didn't match with the rep case. I'm sure the rep bezel can be lumed by someone who does lume work though.. The problem is the guy who did this project never mentioned where he sourced the Rep. I see a lot of various replica's online for this watch.. I emailed Intime this week and was told they were unsure if the dimensions for their rep were on par with the original. In the end though I think having a Lumed Rep Bezel is a better option than spending 300-500 on a legit and finding out it wont align properly, then having to deal with the frustration of attempting to return the watch bezel internationally.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Honestly, if you don't want to build a complete bitzer, then re-luming the rep will be fine.

But if you're 100% commited and if you have the rep measurements, I have a gen to compare it to and can give you those.
But only external, I'm not going to pull it down.
You could also email watchco and ask them what the dial diameter is, but u still need the rep first.
You will have to build a no date, as the 565 is very different to the rep ETA.