• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO vs. AP Diver

300kph

24/5/13
Been thinking about getting an UPO for months now but have been sidetracked by Pams, a TC Yachmtmaster, a Breitling Datora and truly fine version 4.1 AP Diver w/ rubber buckle strap.

Why is is that everyone seems so happy with the latest version of the AP Diver and yet one of the hottest topics on the Omega part of the forum is franking?

UPO is up to what? Version 5?

I have read many positive reviews but it seems to me people (I for one) would like to see the next generation before making the plunge.

Does anyone know if there will be a new version of the UPO 45mm SS?

When exactly was the V5 released and why does it seem to take so long to see upgrades when we see watches like the AP Diver updated almost monthly?

Anyone else waiting or should I just jump on a V5?

W

D

d4m.test

Omega stopped making the "normal" 42mm (PO) & 45mm (UPO) Planet Oceans already, so I don't think there will be any more rep releases of these watches. I think the last revision was a couple of years ago. There won't be a next generation, and even now they're not as easily available from TDs.

The new ones are all Ceramic PO, Liquid Metal PO, etc.

I'll show you my 42mm v5 PO the next time we go out for beers.

300kph

24/5/13
Lets do it next week and have that cigar.

Have you seen the 45mm? I'm thinking of getting one but still prefer the orange.