• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO true super rep or a bunch of fluf?

truthrocket

25/6/07
Is this a true super rep? With it being Ultimate, are there any remaining flaws?
TR

trekracer20

29/12/06
True super rep?

There isn't a certification committee that hands out titles and divisions for watches, so calling one "super" and another regular is a little arbitrary and is as much a reflection of the cost as anything else. Clearly some reps are better than others though. The UPO is very nice, and other than not having double-sided AR is as accurate as any of the new expensive reps like the IWC Cousteau Diver and the 3717 Pilot watch. But the Omega SMP chrono is also very nice and extremely accurate, but I don't think I've heard that one called Super. The UPO is one of my daily beaters, and I'd get one for sure.

Right now I'm waiting for the stainless Aquatimer chrono. It's gonna be super.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I think its a great rep but I've had a ton of QC issues with the ones I've had. The AR is non existent. I don't think it matches up against the new EVOs or the SFSO, BB or the new IWC. I know there are a ton of people who have them and love them, heck my Father wheres his all the time. IMO its not as nice as the one I've mentioned.

Sean K

pman

Known Member
28/6/06
I get more compliments on my PO than any other watch I own.

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
I got a rep UPO from a forum dealer and it is pretty spot on to my gen PO but the logo on the rep was horrible. I sent it back and should be getting a replacement from them. :D

z80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/06
From what I've seen, the corrected logo dials have a slew of worse problems like too short hour markers and bad date fonts and wrong dial printing font... The bad logo one is really good, except the logo itself is wrong.

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
I've been wondering that too... what causes some reps to be labeled "super"? I would think that if it's present on the gen, double sided AR should definitely be a mininum qualification for entry into the "super rep" club... But by "super rep", are we saying "super accurate" (to the original), or "super expensive"???

Hell, I'm not even sure which reps get called "super reps". HBB, IWC CD, SFSO (UBCE?) are the only ones that come to mind right now...

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I think super accurate is one criteria that has to be met. How bout true sapphire? We know now most of the crystals we get are hardened mineral. Dial printing sharpness. Some QC, I realize even the "super reps" have questionable QC but at least there is some.

Sean K

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
pugwash said:
seank1 said:
We know now most of the crystals we get are hardened mineral.
We do? :shock:

I also express my :shock:
All of mine represented as "sapphire" have tested to be Genuine sapphire... as far as man-made sapphire can be.

this is my biggest sticking point on ordering any watch... i'm pretty rough on my wrist candy and sapphire is a must for me.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
pugwash said:
seank1 said:
We do now Pugs. :wink:
I have lots of sapphire crystals on my reps. :D

Ditto, the ones I've got and were sold to me as 'sapphire' are exactly that. My local watchamker has a watch glass type testing tool and has confirmed the fact.

:)

babola

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
pugwash said:
seank1 said:
We do now Pugs. :wink:
I have lots of sapphire crystals on my reps. :D
So do I but not all of them. Does that 115.00 "Legend" have sapphire on it? Listen I don't want to revisit the "White Lies" thread Jeez that was played till the end, but sapphire crystal is a must.

Sean K