• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Touchdown.

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
After a sneak preview... we have the unveiling. My 45.5 Omega UPO black bezel/white numbers ETA 2824-2 on SS bracelet with spare rubber strap.
My impressions:
The watch has a very solid feel on the wrist, good weight, slightly heavier than my Skyland avenger. I believe the UPO seems larger on the wrist because of the lug size. Coupled with a long solid clasp below, the watch can give a tight fit on the wrist. The bracelet is a pain to adjust.. quite a bit of tools needed for the operation. The rep lume on the dial however is unimpressive and will be relumed .. maybe to stealth blue :) Perhaps a gen dial will best resolve this. Bezel has 120 clicks, turns smoothly and i can't imagine if the ceramic Liquid metal version comes out.. that'll be a jigsaw complete. Only gripe i have is the common one about the flimpsy crown. It feels like the stem is going to snap when you're winding the watch. So most likely a gen crown, tube is a must mod for UPO. Most likely followed up with gen hands and a dial, Taka or chief AR and i think we have ourselves a keeper :p

Waiting for my Black bezel, orange numbers to arrive now :)

Enjoy folks!

starter.jpg

A closeup
closeup.jpg

Pearl shot
pearl.jpg

Caseback
caseback.jpg

UPO Clasp
clasp.jpg

Diver extension
diverbrace.jpg

Inside engraving on Bracelet
insideclasp.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the inside. If only it was a caliber 2500 co-axial :p

Caseback Inside
insidecaseback.jpg

Anti-magnetic cover
antimag.jpg

ETA Jewel - note the 3 clasps, 3 grooves
jewel.jpg

Yes folks, its a ETA 2824-2 DM
ETA2824.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, how can anyone forget.. a wristie

wristie.jpg

hooligan76

Known Member
4/7/10
Great pics, congrats!
I'm thinking of picking up an Orange bezel UPO next week & you're photo's are making it hard to wait!

The Doctor

30/9/09
Looking fine and some mighty good pictures especially of the coveted ETA!! Thanks for sharing!

DEadPuNk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/10
That's what i call a UPO! ;)

Yeah, the bracelet is a pain to adjust.. I swapped it for the rubber strap.

Where did you get it from?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Great photos of a great looking UPO!!!!!!! :rotors:

ci1031

4/5/10
Who Is "KING"?? Is that one of the trusted dealers here on RWI?

relayman

12/9/09
King is a trusted dealer over on RG. Very nice PO by the way. But, as you mentioned the 45.5mm is just a bit on the large size. I personally like the 42mm even if they can't seem to get the HE in the right spot. Shoot, except for RI members who would know that anyway?

:jerry:

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
Who Is "KING"?? Is that one of the trusted dealers here on RWI?

King or Connie is also one of the trusted dealers on RWG which is where i spend already too much time on :p

Since she's not listed as a dealer here, if you want her contact either get it from the 2 other sites or PM me. Cheers

TanG

Super looking UPO!
Nice pics :)

Great pics, congrats!
I'm thinking of picking up an Orange bezel UPO next week & you're photo's are making it hard to wait!

Looking fine and some mighty good pictures especially of the coveted ETA!! Thanks for sharing!

Wow very nice watch.:sub4me:

wow it's beautiful!

from whom did you get it from?

Great photos of a great looking UPO!!!!!!! :rotors:

Thanks all for all the very nice comments. I read from Lani's review that this black UPO with white numbers go better with rubber and orange numbers go with the bracelet, i tend to agree. Prefer mine on the rubber now. Will wait for my orange number UPO and gen crown/tube to arrive before posting more pics...

TanG