• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Swiss Movement worth it???

cndwatchguy

19/9/11
Hi all,

I'm looing to buy another UPO to Franken with gen dial, hands, crystal, crown, He valve and case back. Already have a gen rubber strap.

Is it worth forking out the cash for the swish movement? Is the rotor quiter than the asian clone. I find it a little loud.

Cheers.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Do it when the asian blows out !!!No reason to do it from now imo...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I have put one on my franken after i received the watch. I bought it with the clone movement at first...
I would suggest doing the same, its the safiest way to go... Personal opinion however.

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
I paid the extra for the 2824-2 nickle plated insignia rotor for the 42mm I'd planned to build a Franken out of. Was it worth it...?? Personal choice, I'd say. But I really don't hear or feel any difference in the other one I have that sports the A-clone...and I certainly don't see it. It's just something I wanted to do. Keep us posted on the build. I'm sending the case off the The Zigmeister for a custom bushing installation to do away with the epoxy job on the gen tube...and to drill out the case a bit for the gen HEV. I'll ask him to see if a few pics of the process of his mods are possible. I'll post pics as I do the rest of the build....but it'll be awhile.

cndwatchguy

19/9/11
Thanks for all the feedback guys.
I've been trying to contact Zigmeister isn't he in Canada?
I actually think he's in my city.