• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO second hand gets stuck??

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
So I got my new UPO a couple of days ago from a TD on here but it keeps stopping! The second hand seems to get stuck in the same place. Any ideas what I can do? I'd rather sort it myself than go back to the TD. Thanks

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
First off, get back to the TD to determine if they can make things right. If you don't want to go that way, contact one of the Watchsmiths on this forum. From what you are saying, the second hand may not be running parallel to the minute hand and at a certain revolution point it catches on the hand. This has happened to me before. Good luck!

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
I think it actually just stops where ever, I've wound it and kept in on my wrist. But doesnt seem to want to go 10 minutes with out stopping! I can get it going with a shake but then it just stops again? Would the case back be on too tight or something? Fingers crossed its an easy fix??

luckie

19/12/11
Does it do it if you wind it up rather than just using the rotor?

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
It stops what ever. Just doesn't work! Would it be anything to do with case back? Seems quite tight.

luckie

19/12/11
I doubt it's the case back, they all go on quiet tight That was one reason I asked about if it ran after winding. Seems something more involved like Rolman suggested.

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
Here's a short video of the issue [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5WfX7vMe6k&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Fault - YouTube[/ame]

killbill

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/11
Looks like the seconds hand is catching on the hour hand to me

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
I removed the case back and the anti magnetic cover and it started working! So I've now put them both back on loosely and it works perfect! Would like to be able to tighten the case back up properly though! Running at +20 seconds a day.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Second hand hitting the crystal...????>>>

I had a Bond GMT that did that, and loosening the caseback stopped it from dragging...Sounds like the same situation...
Just pull the movement, and VERY GENTLY bend the second hand down @ 1/2 mm...
Don't push it far enough to hit the other hands...

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
My UPO does that with the anti-magnetic cover in place too.
Just remove it and put the case back on nice and tight so it won't let water in.
That anti-mag cover is just for appearances anyway, and no one would see it unless they open her up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckie

19/12/11
Yeah those anti mag covers look cool but don't always seat themselves right.