• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Question

CincyBengalMan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/09
How does the Asian ETA Clone 2824 match to the Swiss 2824-2 on the UPO? Is it worth spending the extra money on the swiss ETA? I've seen UPO's that have the Asian, then I've also seen ones that have an option to upgrade the Asian to the Swiss.
Is the date font correct on the Asian?
How does the Asian look with the case off compared to the Swiss?

Thanks a bunch, I think this is going to be my next rep!

b16a2

13/1/07
The Asian clone is actually quite a good movement from what we have seen so far, so no it's not worth paying more for the swiss. The datewheel etc... is all the same.

With the case back off the movements are very similar, which is why at first glance it is very hard to tell whether it is 'genuine' swiss movement or clone asian

CincyBengalMan

2/1/09
Thanks, you just saved me some money. :)

Are they're any sources out there that sell the UPO with the correct Omega logo, or is that something that has to be sent to someone after the fact to get fixed?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
You probably wouldn't get an actual Swiss movement even if you paid the extra cash.
Save your money and enjoy the watch!

Kahn

31/5/08
levelmanroger said:
You probably wouldn't get an actual Swiss movement even if you paid the extra cash.
Save your money and enjoy the watch!

+1