• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO: put on gen He Valve?

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
Yes, the entire HEV assembly is available and is a direct fit.
Almost all parts are a direct fit with the genuine.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Oh nice! I appreciate the input. Im really getting into this forum as of late. Im thinking about turning this into a franken project... deciding whether the $$ is worth it, gen bezel, gen dial, He valve possibly on the way.

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
If you are going to do gen dial, then do the gen hands also.

Its all been done before... But in the end, after all the mods you will have about $750 (plus labor) invested in the watch. You can often see the gen Planet Oceans going for around $1500 on the second hand market. I saw one recently sitting in a pawn shop that I could have bought for $1300.
At what point is the investment in the rep not worth the time and effort when you can have the gen for a slightly larger investment.
If you go to sell the rep, you will not get nearly all your money back. If you get a good deal on a genuine, occasionally you will even make money on the deal.
Just something to think about...

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
I didn't realize you could get a used gen for that much coin.. Some thinking to do indeed. Ab $240 bezel, $240 dial, $ 66 He valve, $50 gen hands + AR, ouch! It would be nice to just find a good bezel INSERT that fits UPO now, after ripping out crappy pearl from bezel :)

thicklove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/09
Someone in China should just focus on making a high quality Bezel with high quality pearl that will fit the UPO as a direct replacement and sell that for $50. I'm sure everyone will buy one and with such few parts, I'm sure they can make money.

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
You think that they would have thought of this already! I'm contacting that website selling gen parts to see how much just an insert would be, its not listed on their website.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Someone in China should just focus on making a high quality Bezel with high quality pearl that will fit the UPO as a direct replacement and sell that for $50. I'm sure everyone will buy one and with such few parts, I'm sure they can make money.

Not a lot of motivation for the "factories" to do that. Most people don't notice such details or don't really care. Also, they are making a good deal of money off of what they produce now. So, why change?........Although, it woulddn't be a bad thing if they did. :)

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
Its not listed on their website because Omega does not offer the part alone. There are plenty of aftermarket ones out there, but as it has been stated already they DO NOT come with the pearl.
The other thing to consider with Ofrei, is that he has a very very strict policy on the return of unused parts. I have sent him back bubble packs that were literally only wrinkled (not opened) and he returned them to me (at my expense) because he does not sell used Omega parts...
So anything you order, intend to keep!

cgn1017

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/09
Has anyone done the gen UPO bezel mod? I would like to know how complex it is

CBR

Banned
2/7/07
Let me see if I can find the pics/tutorial... it has been done, I just dont remember where.