• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Purchase

PhotoGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/11
After much debate, I figured that I want to buy a UPO 45 orange. Great, simple, right? Not quite.

http://www.puretimewatch.com/produc...ltimate-edition-upo-on-bracelet-updated-dial/

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=7295

http://www.marvellousreplica.com/products_detail.php?ProId=628

These are the top three options. Sure, they all have flaws, but I'm trying to figure out which have the least glaring flaws. Are these all the same watch from different TDs? I'm considering on having the watch superlumed and watersealed (if not already). Which would be the 'best' option to go with?

Side note: We should really encourage TDs to remove the Ultimate tag on a watch when a new Ultimate comes out. They should only sell one ultimate and the others should be downgraded to just versions of that watch.

jonasprivate

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/10
No diffrence between Puretime and Marvellous.
Good idea to relume and waterproof.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Have buyed the one from MR and i was really happy with it!!

forrestwhite

Known Member
1/10/09
E-mailed MR - Looks like they aren't offering the PO at this time. They were unhappy with the quality of the PO rep's coming out of the factories.

Rockrover

22/9/11
I just got a UPO Orange from MR last week. M found one, but it took him a while. When he did he sent QA pics which had the mag movement cover missing and one of the movement screws also missing. He took care of right away though which was good.

The most glaring issue that the factory(ies) have is the movement retaining ring. There is a major inclusion in the casting. It doesn't effect anything, but I bitched a bit about it...That it shouldn't be called an ultimate if items like this are allowed to go out from the factory(ies). MR said that ALL retaining rings are like that now. He gave me an option out, but I decided to go for it anyway.

I should say that the dial, hands, pearl, and bracelet are 100%. I'm happy with the purchase, but just make sure that your TD gives you nice clear pics of the retaining ring if that's a deal breaker for you.

mail

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
I should say that the dial, hands, pearl, and bracelet are 100%. I'm happy with the purchase, but just make sure that your TD gives you nice clear pics of the retaining ring if that's a deal breaker for you.

**drumroll** Ok, here comes my ignorance. What is the retaining ring?

Rockrover

22/9/11
It's the ring with the inclusion in it...Supported by three screws (two in my case, but fixed prior to shipment). Funny thing to goof. Must have had a lot of them run to not want to ditch the batch...Well at least knowing how anal we are and how flippin' awesome some reps are these days.

Maybe the manufactures are getting ready for a run on Liquids or something and don't care. (?)

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
**drumroll** Ok, here comes my ignorance. What is the retaining ring?

It's the ring that secures the movement inside the case...easily seen when the caseback is off. In Rockover's case, one of the screws holding that in place was missing (there should be 3 of them).

You can see it here in this pic from Angus's site:

OMG-2010-11-25-01-13_enl.jpg