• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO Pressure Test

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
560f212b-53f6-8710.jpg
tested to 100m with no modifications. Did pay Trevor to test but due to many reasons which I cant be bothered to go into I don't believe it was done. Anyway it passed at my local supermarkets Watch Smith! Result!

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
For a few reasons which i cant be bothered to go into but if you see all the emails and requests and reaponses you'd see the same. But I don't even mind. I just wouldn't pay the extra next time. Anyway impressed with my test and it's running at +20secs a day, loving my UPO.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Um, it passed a test upon arrival with no extra prep work so why do you say he didn't test it?

3ATM is the standard test pressure for a Bergeon style tester. If they pass at 3atm they will generally be OK to much deeper. That is the bog normal test setting, testing higher regularly rips the guts out of the tester.

He said he tested it to 3atm, not that it only passed to 3atm. While I do not advocate paying a dealer for a water test your statement above is grossly unfair and bordering on slanderous.

No amused.

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
Ok. Edited. But I still don't think he tested it. Just by the emails that went back and forth. I think he just assumed it would be ok to 3atm. Rest of the service was good. But as I read after paying for it in the other posts on here that it's not worth doing because it doesn't get done. I just would test purchases my self next time.