• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO on genuine strap and depuoyant

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
I went to my local AD and saw a gen PO with a rubber strap with orange stitching with a depluoyant. I immediately fell in love with the combo and went ahead and bought the genuine depluoyant and strap. Fearing all the way home that it wont fit the rep (since it has the curved ends to fit perfectly the gen contour). i finally placed the strap on my modded UPO. A perfect fit!!! it even snapped effortlessly in place...the lugbars fit perfectly also!! and are in the correct position...
Now my watch is what could be called a mild genestein...

So far the mods are :
bezel insert swapped for the ebay insert
insert sanded for thinner placement so the glass protrudes more as per gen
movement serviced
waterproofed
case re-polished
gen depluoyant buckle
gen rubber strap with orange stitching

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you my almost finished UPO (it only needs double AR)... the lume is pretty good comparable to my H factory 111M...

a870dbe1.jpg

496d60e6.jpg

1e83caec.jpg

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
more eyecandy!... the height of the glass REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE IMHO!!!
PB240310.jpg

PB240309.jpg

PB240311.jpg

PB240313.jpg

PB240315.jpg

PB240318.jpg

TheCold

15/8/09
how does the rubber wear? Does it feel more like leather or just like rubber should :) ?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
looks great, good work, interesting mods that don't break the bank, looks very close to gen.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
That is so nice! Congrats! I really like your UPO. :)

I keep waiting for them to rep that strap!!!!! :spank:

PhotoGuy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/11
How hard was it to put in the replacement bezel from ebay? I hear it's very difficult, but I don't understand why. If you don't mind, how much has the whole project run you? Which UPO did you start with?

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
How hard was it to put in the replacement bezel from ebay? I hear it's very difficult, but I don't understand why. If you don't mind, how much has the whole project run you? Which UPO did you start with?

First I started with a sead UPO v.5 (see pics) which BTW is very good (but the pearl is way too green and the black triangle shape is wrong). The bezel insert is about 30 bucks on eBay (I actually ordered 2 since the first install got messed up). Don't follow the instructions with the new insert. Use a hairdryer to heat the old insert and use a needle or xacto with caution and force to pop up it up (you will ruin the old insert). then SAND THE NEW INSERT so that it is flush (or a little bit sunken) in relation to the bezel edge (this will pop up the glass more).

Tada!

Costs : 30 bucks (ebay insert) + 1 buck (sandpaper) + about 2 hours of your time and maybe some skin from the sanding..... and well, ... 500 bucks (gen depluoy and gen strap)... :)

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
sead upo to start... BTW if your going to mod I suggest to order the swiss...

Rockrover

22/9/11
VERY nice! Good work on the bezel. I'm working out a horrendous rotor noise now (2824-2), but after that, because of you!, I'm going franken. Good work on biting the bullet on the strap and deployment. REALLY makes the package complete.

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
VERY nice! Good work on the bezel. I'm working out a horrendous rotor noise now (2824-2), but after that, because of you!, I'm going franken. Good work on biting the bullet on the strap and deployment. REALLY makes the package complete.
Glad to be of help! ;)

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11

If you can, sand the bezel a little bit more (place the sandpaper flat and just swirl the bottom of the bezel insert on the sandpaper). I got a bit scared to over do it but seeing the results I could've done it a bit more.

rob77

25/11/11
Not the same... See how the gen lug side contours the UPO body...

Oh yeah sorry my bad. How much are the official straps anyway? Anywhere online sell them?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
This strap has not been repped! :cry:

rob77

25/11/11
Ouch just had a quick look online and figures around the $450 mark were coming back without the buckle. The model number for the strap seems to be 98000198.

Maybe it will have to be the silix model after all lol

ddc

Renowned Member
20/6/11
They are expensive... So is the deployant. At least now everybody knows for sure it fits our UPOs.