• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO, Normal Wear?

QuakeTen

Horology Curious
11/3/09
Quick question, do the scratches in my UPO show signs of normal wear for a gen?

I am thinking not but I wanted to check here before looking for a replacement.

Thanks,
Ten

InDenial

Known Member
17/6/12
I have a gen Speedmaster that I've been wearing for the last 5 years--I know not the same--but the bezel in your pic looks totally abused--not normal wear and tear.

Digitaldorifto

Known Member
18/2/12
Gererally speaking I would say that after spending 2500-4000$ on a gen omega, most owners are going to baby their watches. This is not always the case but yours looks a little beat up IMO. If you wear a watch every day, whether it a gen or rep. It's going to have signs of wear

QuakeTen

Horology Curious
11/3/09
wonder if those can be cleaned/touch up/buffed?

I don't think so. It almost looks like the orange was scratched off and is showing white underneath.

. If you wear a watch every day, whether it a gen or rep. It's going to have signs of wear

Yes, I was wearing it almost every day for about a couple of years. I guess I should look for a replacement. Any trusted dealers taking PayPal nowadays?

Thanks,
Ten

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Can you find an orange..>>>

"Magic Marker"..???
If so it shouldn't be too difficult to at least make that bezel insert a bit nicer....:maty:

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
That bezel cant be touched up. Any aluminum bezel once its scratched, faded or dented is stuck the way it is. The rep inserts will fade much quicker than the gen ones. The fading around the outside perimeter of your insert would never happen on a gen piece. The anodizing process on gen inserts is way more extensive than the process the asian factories use and actually hold up very well. Most gen inserts will scratch and fade (colour) before they tear around the outer rim like yours did.

Heres my gen bezel - its 3 years old. It hasn't faded yet but you can see at 5 o'clock that it has a scratch. On a rep insert the impact this insert got at 5 o'clock would have looked much worst. I've used car wax on my inserts in the passed and its really "helped" clean up surface scruffs...

photo5lj.jpg