• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

UPO new bezel & datewheel

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
Two questions for the experts:

1. Where can I find UPO 45mm orange bezel with a centered pearl? I don't want to spend +$200 for the bezel only(ofrei). Do you have any recommendations?

I was looking at ebay and found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Orange-Bezel-Insert-45mm-Omega-Seamaster-Planet-Ocean-/200612740907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5737f2b

Although the top pic looks perfect, the bottom one looks like my current one.
I asked the seller for an actual pic, when I'll receive it, I'll add it to the post.

What do suggest?

2. Date wheel - I need to replae my "swiss" 2824 (black wheel) with a clone 2824 (white wheel) I want to keep the same black wheel, is this possible?

Thanks guys.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would make sure their pearl is like the top picture.

What is up with your date wheel? You want a white with black numbers?

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
What is up with your date wheel? You want a white with black numbers?

I had problems with my 2824 and I got a clone 2824 as a replacement. The clone date wheel is white vs. the original black. Although it should be the same size, I just wanted to make sure that they are interchangeable.

Thanks!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
They should be interchangeable. I would use the Gen ETA one from ofrei.
It's part number A/7636A at ofrei.

dakiman

Horology Curious
13/7/11
Q5 I just wanted to say thanks for the wealth of knowledge re the datewheel. I had given up hope in ordering one since it wasn't on their website, but thanks to you, I have one on order now!

I noticed on your franken that you replaced the bezel with the original Gen bezel. Was this difficult to replace?

Thanks again for the help...!

WashedUpRealityTvStar

8/3/11
Two questions for the experts:

1. Where can I find UPO 45mm orange bezel with a centered pearl? I don't want to spend +$200 for the bezel only(ofrei). Do you have any recommendations?

I was looking at ebay and found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Orange-Bezel-Insert-45mm-Omega-Seamaster-Planet-Ocean-/200612740907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb5737f2b

Although the top pic looks perfect, the bottom one looks like my current one.
I asked the seller for an actual pic, when I'll receive it, I'll add it to the post.

What do suggest?

2. Date wheel - I need to replae my "swiss" 2824 (black wheel) with a clone 2824 (white wheel) I want to keep the same black wheel, is this possible?

Thanks guys.

I got a replacement insert at ewatchparts.com and it looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cee

Renowned Member
1/6/11
Have been looking around for a better bezel for the Planet Ocean but can't find anything decent. The gen costs a lot and the ones on eBay look just like the standard rep pearls.